Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Posted on 10/14/2022
Santa Clara, CA, USA
- Perform detailed root cause analysis on technically complex failures from NPI, reliability and validation tests
- Identify and define appropriate classification techniques to root cause complex problems
- Engage with XFN team during all development phases characterize electrical, thermal, and mechanical performance and stress at system, subassembly, and component levels
- Define data-oriented failure analysis plans detailing techniques and debug process flows
- Perform engineering level failure analysis of field return units, including early warranty phase failures and safety issues
- Investigate components and assemblies to find the root causes of various product failures
- Identify and drive closure for HW, assembly, PCBA quality, SW/FW issues affecting product reliability
- Provide input to the design team to improve design quality and production yield
- Verify and document failures on products, including detailed root cause and identification of failure trends for faulty components and FRUs
- Validate physics of failure mechanisms, enabling risk assessments
- Work directly with suppliers / vendors to guide FA as needed, analyzing failure reports to influence corrective action
- Conduct innovative use of new industry analysis tools, equipment, and methodologies
- Incorporate automation and lead improvement of failure analysis process
- Interact with XFN to study relationship of materials properties, electrical performance, and supplier quality to drive FA conclusions
- 5 to 7 years failure analysis experience
- B.S. or higher in engineering, physics, chemistry, materials science, or related field
- Experience in power electronics, knowledge on assemblies, display modules, adhesives etc
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge in hardware debug and determining conclusive root cause
- Data analysis and reporting experience
- Self-motivated with success working with interdisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of mechanical design, material science and failure mechanisms of power electronics. Failure analysis program management experience
- Strong attention to detail with ability to independently multitask to deliver timely
- An Excellent team player with ability to influence, and lead teams to conclusive root cause of complex problems for correction
- Experience with CM and supplier models for failure analysis
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Knowledge of physics of reliability failure mechanisms
- Hands-on knowledge of various tools including x-ray imaging (2D X-ray/CT scan), microscopy, SEM, FTIR, cross-section, dye-and-pry is a plus
Electric vehicle charging stations
ChargePoint believes that the rapid transition to electric mobility is essential to building a sustainable future for all. After more than a decade, their mission remains the same—to create technology that will enable the movement of all people and goods on electricity.
- Outdoor Activities - The Los Gatos Creek Trail is just steps from our campus. Bring your bike or your running shoes. Plus you can shower up after your workout.
- Office Parties - Celebration is a part of our culture.
- Pets - Every day is bring-your-dog-to-work day.
- Health Benefits - We offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- EV charging at work - Drive an EV? Our parking lots are fully outfitted with charging stations, so you can plug in and charge up while you work.
- Snacks and Beverages - Our fully stocked kitchens come with a wide variety of healthy (and not-so-healthy) snacks and beverages, plus we have an espresso machine.