Head of Harry's Labs
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA
- 12+ years of professional experience including 5+ years in consumer focused Growth Equity, Private Equity, Corporate Development/M&A or investment banking
- Sourcing: strong existing network and experience building relationships with founders, company executives, financial intermediaries in the consumer space
- Due diligence: able to adeptly identify key diligence questions, and lead diligence processes in partnership with internal and external parties including consumer & brand market research, omnichannel business model assessment and financial modeling
- Deal negotiation: experience developing and managing complex investment structures and cap tables
- Deal closing: effective partner to drive and own, where appropriate, legal diligence, legal documentation, funds flows, accounting/financing due diligence and other confirmatory diligence
- Post investment engagement: experience advising or closely working across multiple businesses and brands in the consumer sector, most likely via board or board observer roles
- Exceptional leader with proven ability to manage dynamic and talented teams in highly fluid environments
- Significant experience in intensive diligence processes (ideally in the consumer space), including market and consumer research, brand positioning and development, and deal structuring
- Deep existing personnel network in high growth consumer sector, e.g., founders, executives, intermediaries, investors, etc
- Proven ability to partner closely with entrepreneurs to understand their vision, structure transactions to meet their needs and support them in growing their businesses
- Able to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and qualitative and quantitative analysis to complex problems
- A self-starter who can build and evolve process, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving
- Capably handle ambiguity and can extrapolate and synthesize your way to insightful recommendations even when data is far from perfect
- Strong interpersonal skills: Confident, poised, articulate, clear in communication. Would be comfortable presenting to a senior audience and facilitating complex discussions
- Humble. Low ego. Always putting others and Harry's first
- Centered and methodical. A steady hand in turbulent or uncertain situations
- You take your work seriously but don't take yourself too seriously
- Lead and continuously evolve Harry's Labs strategy, approach and operating processes
- Manage a cross functional team capable of sourcing ideas and companies, evaluating brand strength & differentiation, assessing consumer needs & resonance, determining market potential and TAM, building complex financial models, performing valuation analysis and structuring complex transactions
- Own investment decision making, thoughtfully synthesizing large amounts of data and diverse perspectives into a clear, well articulated perspective on key investment risks and rewards, alignment with Harry's Labs M&A strategy and ultimately, a go/no recommendation at each phase of M&A diligence
- Independently build the Harry's Labs M&A target company pipeline by effectively networking with the founder and investor community within Consumer Packaged Goods alongside other innovative communities
- Oversee diligence process including: deep consumer and market research, evaluation of strength of brand positioning, detailed financial models and underwriting plans, company valuation/deal structure and development of clear, compelling investment presentations
- Serve as the internal and external face of Harry's Labs, inspiring both internal and external stakeholders to support Labs diligence efforts and ultimately, investment decisions
- Lead effective negotiations with target company founders and investors to create compelling offers for target businesses that are also value accretive for Harry's, Inc
- Report to Harry', Inc. co founder and. CEO, working collaboratively with him to define the strategy and approach for diversifying the brand portfolio of Harry's, Inc
Harry's allows users to buy razors, German engineered blades and shaving creams.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement and incentives
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending accounts
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- All In, All Together: Each of us is a humble, hardworking human who always gives more than what’s expected because we care so deeply.
- Improve Always: We encourage questions, sharing expertise, and continuous learning to improve ourselves, our company, and our customers’ experiences.
- Embrace the Mammoth: We tell it like it is without blame, and see every interaction as an opportunity to grow together.
- Look Left To Find Right: We critically question conventional wisdom in search of the best path.