Posted on 3/15/2023
San Diego, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 1-3 yrs. of supply chain/procurement experience
- The ability to analyze bills of materials for cost, lead time accuracy 100%
- The ability to multi-task
- College degree & any supply chain course or certifications are preferred
- We're Hiring for a Jr. Buyer!
- If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today!Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world's most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
- THE ROLE: The Jr. Buyer will be responsible for procuring & monitoring the movement of materials to meet production needs. In this role, the incumbent will also obtain materials using engineering & production schedules to maintain inventory at planned levels. Ensures material standards are met and non-conformances or variances are resolved. Monitors cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. We offer a full benefits package to include 4 WEEKS Paid Time Off (PTO) for hourly positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and other additional miscellaneous benefits. Xylem will provide paid training for CDL upgrades (if applicable)
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential