ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you have a strong bias for action, excellent communication skills, and experience managing complex global product development programs and integrated systems? Do you strive to understand the technical details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, and scope of a program? Peloton is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager with 7+ years of experience to drive innovation and process rigor in the software product development space. This role will work closely with software engineering, product management, design, and our hardware engineering team to execute against our software product roadmap for our hardware devices.
You will be responsible for the full lifecycle of the multiple initiatives, executing against cross-functional features, planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, driving the team to results, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate is a self starter with a willingness to wear multiple hats and go beyond their own role. You will drive the team over the goal line by balancing existing experience, listening skills, and decisiveness. You align people to goals and make sure they feel that they are key to the success of the program.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Manage multiple initiatives from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Work closely with overseas vendors / US based product management to scope, plan and execute the development to cost and timeline goals.
- Work closely with our system engineering group driving complex initiatives and updates for our current install base
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software/Firmware features for each version are controlled, and clearly communicated with ODM/JDM/Technology partners and the product manager in US.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our Dev and QA teams.
- Proactively and creatively manage program level issues as they arise, while balancing cost and scope.
- Manage and ensure resolution of system level issues between Hardware, Firmware, DSP, OS, App with internal teams, external teams, and third party development partners
- Manage ongoing support work and Operating System releases across current install base
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters preferred)
- 7+ experience managing multiple projects through inception to delivery
- 3+ years experience working on software for hardware development projects
- 3+ years of experience managing operating system and software application development projects (Android Open Source preferred)
- Must be an excellent communicator with ability to translate complex technical issues or ideas to a wide non-technical audience
- Must be able to foster and build a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders and have high emotional intelligence
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment
- Must be self-motivated, action-driven, and have strong ownership
- Familiar with Android application development and release lifecycles
- Familiar with Firmware/Embedded systems development and release lifecycles
- Familiar with API/Client communication flows
- Experience working with international manufacturing partners
- Experience delivering software for high volume major consumer brand(s)
- Experience with Agile, lean methodology and JIRA
Base Salary: $172,100 to $223,800
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.