Linux Systems Administrator Intern
Posted on 3/3/2023
Orlando, FL, USA
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- RHEL 7/8 and/or Ubuntu 19/20 configuration, operation, performance tuning, troubleshooting, and management experience
- Basic knowledge of protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP
- Working experience with networked storage (NAS, SAN) concepts
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently
- Ability to work closely with developers to assist in troubleshooting web services
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to follow documentation as written with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities
- Ability to work within a structured change management process for highly available enterprise systems
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Provisioning, Operation, and Maintenance of Linux Servers
- Development of Ansible/Shell Scripts for automation of routine tasks
- Troubleshoot network connection issues using network tools and enterprise logging tools
- Provide technical assistance to application development teams with deployments and troubleshooting services
- Coordinating with VMware team / Storage team on additional disk, CPU, Memory requests
- Work with Application and Engineering team on projects and initiatives
- Develop documentation as necessary for knowledge sharing within the team
- 3.0 GPA
- Experience in Shell, Ansible, Perl or Python scripting
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure
- Experience with Ansible automation
- Experience with Quest Safeguard OneIdentity for the elevation of privileges
- Experience in vulnerability management & patch management
- Experience with other automation tools (puppet or chef, etc.)
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with Docker Containerization
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.