Posted on 6/29/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 2+ years full stack experience maintaining stateful, database-backed, applications. . Our systems are either Java or Python backed with PostgreSQL databases and use Flask or Spring Boot as application frameworks
- Ability to work with cloud-based applications and a familiarity with Kubernetes. We run in a multi-cloud infrastructure, using systems in both AWS and GCP, and make heavy use of containerized workloads in hosted Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with production system workflows, including continuous delivery, observability tools, version control, automated testing, etc
- Ability to communicate on technical work. We value collaboration, and you should be able to share your technical ideas, and also provide feedback on those of your colleagues
The New York Times' mission is to seek the truth and help people understand the world.
Company Core Values
- Independence: Over a hundred years ago, The Times pledged “to give the news impartially, without fear or favor, regardless of party, sect, or interests involved.”
- Integrity: The trust of our readers is essential. We renew that trust every day through the actions and judgment of all our employees — in our journalism, in our workplace and in public.
- Curiosity: Open-minded inquiry is at the heart of our mission. In all our work, we believe in continually asking questions, seeking out different perspectives and searching for better ways of doing things.
- Respect: We help a global audience understand a vast and diverse world. To do that fully and fairly, we treat our subjects, our readers and each other with empathy and respect.
- Collaboration: It takes creativity and expertise from people in every part of the company to fulfill our mission. We are at our best when we work together and support each other.
- Excellence: We aim to set the standard in everything we do. The pursuit of excellence takes different forms, but in every context, we strive to deliver the very best.