Senior Project Analyst
Posted on 11/2/2022
Hyattsville, MD, USA
- Bachelor's degree in finance, science, or related technical field, with eight or more years relevant experience. May consider additional years of applicable experience, certifications, and/or training in lieu of degree requirement
- Currently possess an active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance, must be able to successfully complete a post-hire Special Access Program briefing to remain in this position
- Proficient in MS Office applications, mainly Excel (including functions such as pivot tables, graphing trend lines, and data analysis), and PowerPoint (preparing, editing, formatting presentations from disparate sources of information)
- Communicates clearly in written and verbal form with senior, peer, and subordinate personnel
- Operate in a dynamic environment, rapidly learn new skills, and ability to organize and analyze information from disparate sources into various formats for subsequent use
- Support the customers' budget manager in their responsibility to plan, execute and track the management of multiple funding types, including congressional, mission, and customer funding
- Perform or assist with performing the following tasks:
- Coordinate periodic program reviews with technical engineers for ongoing development projects
- Monitor project technical performance, schedule, costs, and deliverables
- Consolidate data, conduct or validate analysis, and develop program reports and briefings for senior officials
- Maintain accurate records of the expenditures of funds on multiple projects
- Monitor funds expenditure to anticipate events such as the exhaustion of funding or the date at which additional incremental funding will be required
- Research, assess and provide inputs to support the customer evaluation of alternative funding plans for future contracting activities
- Draft various financial and policy documents, including working with external authorities as needed for editing and final release
- Maintain an electronic database of the financial and technical progress reports on multiple projects
- Assist the engineering team in researching emerging technologies, and planning, conducting, and reporting on experiments, demonstration events, and tests
- Work under the direction of the task lead and COR, and with feedback from the supported government customer
- Work as a part of, or lead small cross-functional teams including technical, contractual, managerial, and administrative personnel
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, engineers, other functional resources, etc.)
- Explains procedures, solutions/recommendations, practices, and procedures to others within the organization
- Develops spreadsheets, briefings, white papers, and reports to senior and peer personnel communicating status, outcomes, and recommendations
- Collaborate with other organizational personnel to develop the same products on a larger scale, and with higher visibility
- Operate both independently, and as part of small teams where they may be the sole project analyst
- Coordinate as needed with the larger customer organization financial, contracting, and technical project teams, to include resolving issues, and support of organization-wide policy implementation, audits, and inspections
- Support cyclical financial tracking and reporting, complete budget forecasts, track burn rate expenditures, and budget expenditure reporting
- Complete both single-event planning for special projects, and multi-scenario planning for budget contingencies such as a continuing resolution
- Coordinate/lead projects where project analysis functions and responsibilities are a major component
- Master's degree in finance, science, or related technical field, with six or more years of relevant experience
- Previous experience within the ARL program office or another government agency (including department of defense)
- Familiarity with government funding processes and tools, to include program acquisition cycle; funding types, uses and timelines; contract types, contract documentation such as awards, modifications and MIPRS; and funds management systems such as ODS, GFEBs and WAWF
- Technical knowledge or experience in customer's functions, including aeronautical, electrical, systems engineering, chemistry, or physics
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.