Cellular 5G Lab Test
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Diego, CA, USA
- Bachelors with 5+ years of relevant industry experience, or Masters with 3+ years or PhD with 0 years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- M.S. with 2-7 years of industry experience in wireless communication
- Deep understanding of various modem protocol layer stack - L1, MAC, RRC, PDCP for LTE/5G
- In-depth knowledge of LTE/5G NR NSA/SA features
- Hands on experience in mobile device testing with KeySight/Anritsu/R&S test equipment for at least 1-3 years for protocol, data performance & RF
- Experience in measuring/analyzing Days-of-Use (DoU) power consumption data (modem perspective) and identify optimization areas
- Hands on experience with UE and NW log analysis, log post processing with mobile device logging tools
- Hands on experience with test equipment and UE automation: with preference for knowledge of python
- Good understanding of the 3GPP RAN#4/5 test specifications - especially for 5G FR1 & FR2 (NSA and SA), LTE, LTE-A as well as US carrier and network vendor test requirements
- Hands on experience with defect tracking tools e.g. JIRA
- Ability to work in a team environment with multiple teams and challenging schedules
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
- 5G FR2 RF testing and antenna characterization
- Ability to take ownership and bring innovations in test methodology and automation
- Should be self-starter and keen to learn technologies which may be required on the job
- You're inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding
- You're collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change
- Samsung SOC R&D Lab in San Diego is looking for “Cellular Engineer - 5G Lab test” to join the team of passionate engineers with start-up spirit to debug and test Samsung's world-class cellular modem solutions
- You will be expected to bring strong debugging & log analysis skills to the cellular group for 5G FR2/FR1 (NSA, SA) for Lab/IOT testing
- Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Diego, CA office 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time
- Job ID: 41234
One of the world's largest producers of electronic devices
Samsung's mission is to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. Samsung produces a wide range of electronic devices and is ranked as a top 10 global brand.
- Comprehensive healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee assistance program, Telehealth services
- Work life success: PTO, FlexTime, FlexPlace, FlexYourFriday
- Financial wellness: Health savings account, Flexible spending acounts, 401(k), Student loan support, Tuition assistance
- Family first: Pregnancy support, Adoption assistance program, Paid child caregiver leave, Milk stork, WINFertility
- Incentives: Fitness reimbursement, Annual physical. Preventative screenings, Lifestyle management
Company Core Values
- People: Quite simply, a company is its people. At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving our people a wealth of opportunities to reach their full potential.
- Excellence: Everything we do at Samsung is driven by an unyielding passion for excellence and an unfaltering commitment to develop the best products and services on the market
- Change: As we have done since our foundation, we set our sights on the future, anticipating market needs and demands so we can steer our company toward long-term success.
- Integrity: Operating in an ethical way is the foundation of our business. Everything we do is guided by a moral compass that ensures fairness, respect for all stakeholders and complete transparency.
- Co-prosperity: Samsung is committed to becoming a socially and environmentally responsible corporate citizen in all of its communities worldwide.