Sprout Social is looking to hire an Account Executive, Mid Market to join the Sales & Success team.
Why join Sprout’s Sales & Success team?
Joining the Sales and Success team is an opportunity to accelerate your career. We’re a winning team selling and supporting the leading social media management platform for businesses. Not only do you get to work alongside some of the sharpest minds in the industry, you also get to work with some of the biggest brands in the world including DoorDash, General Mills, Trello, Make-a-wish Foundation, Edelman, and Blue Cross Blue Shield. And the real kicker? You get to design your own career and follow the path that’s best for you. Wherever you want to go, we’re committed to helping you get there.
What you’ll do
- Generate new business within our Mid Market segment and serve as your customers’ product specialist
- Conduct outreach to independently-prospected leads as well as those generated by a Business Development Representative
What you’ll bring
Sprout Social is looking for a highly driven, collaborative, and tech-savvy Account Executive with strong business acumen to join our Sales team. Ideally, you will be equally driven by a customer-centric mentality as well as a desire to close new business.
The minimum qualifications for this role include:
- 3+ years of closing experience in B2B sales (SaaS experience preferred)
- Track record of overachieving against defined metrics
Preferred qualifications for this role include:
- Social media and/or marketing automation experience a plus
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills (phone, email and demonstrations/webinars)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or other CRM platform
How you’ll grow
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including:
- Completing Sprout Social’s new hire training & onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our products and how your role fits into the organization.
- Partnering with the Manager of Corporate Sales to define key success metrics for your role and how you will be measured against them.
- Acclimating yourself with the day-to-day responsibilities of the Mid Market Account Executive team by shadowing team members and listening to recorded customer calls and demos.
- Learning Sprout’s go-to-market messaging and key differentiators, as well as developing and personalizing segment-specific value propositions.
- Learning Sprout’s existing customer sales process by shadowing your peers and working closely with our Sales Enablement Specialists.
- Completing a demo and written certification to ensure comprehension.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Becoming fully ramped in your role as a Mid Market Account Executive.
- Managing a strong pipeline of qualified leads and beginning the process of self generating pipeline with key accounts and strategic stakeholders.
- Meeting and exceeding monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics
- Conducting active research leveraging all available tools and data sources to understand your customers’ brand, culture, KPIs, partners, and success metrics so you can add value throughout your interactions and become a trusted advisor.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Owning your numbers - consistently meeting and exceeding your activity goals to build a fruitful pipeline that will provide consistent quota attainment.
- Becoming a Sprout Social and social media expert to confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new product features and platform enhancements to help our customers realize their full potential and accomplish their goals.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Consistently meeting and exceeding monthly activity, pipeline and new business metrics.
- Stepping up as a leader to share best practices across the organization and help others grow from your experiences.
- Obtaining and acting upon peer and customer feedback (solicited and unsolicited) .
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
This role’s On Target Earnings (“OTE”) is $135,000.00 USD annually. OTE is the sum of a fixed base salary plus incentives at target performance. Incentive compensation will vary based on performance. The minimum amount earned is the fixed base salary. Since the incentive plan is uncapped, this role has no maximum pay range.
These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach. We used data from multiple sources, including, but not limited to, trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
OTE is only one element of an employee’s total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2021 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We’ll do all we can to ensure you’re set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social’s Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.