Senior Software Engineer - Ingestion
Posted on 4/28/2022
- You have a track record of stepping up and leading successful engineering projects
- You've had experience designing & implementing distributed and highly available systems, and have opinions about what works and what doesn't
- You are comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to clarify questions, share your approach and collaborate with your team to build & test elegant solutions
- You have a drive to get results without letting anything get in your way
- You have a desire to stay ahead of the latest industry trends and technologies, a track record of sharing contributions to the wider engineering community and a commitment to continuous learning
- You have experience coaching and mentoring others
- You have an understanding of the importance of empathy - you view other opinions with an open mind and clearly communicate your thoughts in order to reach technical solutions quickly
- 5+ years of development experience building and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback
- Mastery of at least one modern programming language such as Java, Elixir, Scala, etc
- Experience with tools that ensure your high quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments
- From day one, you'll be designing, coding, testing and shipping APIs, backend applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers
- Since we own and operate what we build, you'll collaborate closely with engineers across teams
- We test in production, so you'll be involved in planning and running experiments where we deliberately stres our systems to find weaknesses and fix them proactively
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, you'll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand
- You will work with a wide range of systems, processes, and technologies to build solutions that solve customer problems
- You will be participating in your team's on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Experience with AWS cloud ecosystem
- Significant development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems
Operations performance platform
PagerDuty's mission is to revolutionize operations and build customer trust by anticipating the unexpected in an unpredictable world.
- Health, AD&D, Disability, Vision, Life, and Dental Insurance
- Paternity and Maternity Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO (Vacation / Personal Days)
- Sick Time
- Remote Work
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Student Loan Repayment Plan
Company Core Values
- Champion the Customer: User first. Make it easy. Build great products.
- Take the Lead: Disrupt more. Improve everywhere. Learn forever.
- Run Together: Create belonging. Deepen bonds. Team up.
- Ack + Own: See opportunities. Make it yours. Do right.
- Bring Your Self: Earn trust. Be present. Have heart.