Senior Research Scientist – Portfolio Construction
Posted on 2/2/2022
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, developing and shipping ML systems post academia, with advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Adeptness in working with any kind of data (structured, unstructured, scraping, database tables, etc.)
- Ability to create machine learning models to solve business problems, applying excellent business judgment and orientation toward impact
- Proficiency in a programming language to be able to solve a business problem in a full-stack, data-driven way (scraping data, ETL, web-hosted ML model)
- Ability to quickly (1-2 weeks) build proofs of concept and identify the highest-leverage areas to iterate efficiently
- Desire to identify, perform, and automate laborious work (e.g. hand-labeling 100 examples to understand the job at hand, then systematizing the process)
- Strong knowledge of statistics
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
- Build and evolve models that drive massive customer impact
- Identify opportunities at all stages of the modeling lifecycle, including new models, new data sources, enhancements to models, and rapid feedback loops
- Provoke trade-offs and prioritize work across a portfolio of potential projects based on impact and scope vs. effort and risk
- Produce convincing structural and data-driven analyses to falsify ideas or move them forward
- Clearly and concisely articulate the business impact of your work
- Work pragmatically at a high cadence to ship modeling opportunities, such that we generate high learning throughput
- A risk-aware, investor's mindset (seeking out and placing bets on a portfolio of projects)
- Proficiency in a relevant modeling or statistics specialization, such as macroeconomic modeling, portfolio optimization, stochastic modeling, or human-in-loop data enrichment
- A public portfolio of full stack data products, demos, or blog posts
Leading digital platform for residential real estate
Pendo is on a mission to elevate the world's experiences with software
- Happier workdays - Add a little fun to your workday with Pendo board game night, team karaoke, ping pong, or enjoy a local brew on our rooftop deck.
- Health and wellness benefits - Generous health and wellness plans designed to meet the needs of you and your family, including medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Paid parental leave - Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, and a flexible schedule upon your return to help you make the most of those special moments.
- Learning and development - In-house management development classes, guest speaker lunch and learns, and select conferences help keep talent sharp.
- Flexible work hours and PTO - Enjoy the benefits of a flexible time off policy, flexible work hours, and paid parental leave.
- Global offices - Work across the globe in the cities that we love like Raleigh, San Francisco, New York, Herzliya, Tokyo, London and Sheffield.
Company Core Values
- Respect our lives outside of work - We bring our whole selves to work and celebrate what makes each other unique.
- Be direct & transparent - As individuals we are timely, candid, and respectful in providing feedback–even when it’s hard to do so.
- Maniacal focus on the customer - If there’s an opportunity to improve the customer experience, we do it.
- Bias to act - We take initiative to get things done, collaborate, and go above and beyond the call of duty.
- Show me the data - No matter what the decision, data should be the primary input for decision making.
- Act like owners - We use good judgement in our actions & decisions and implicitly have the trust from our colleagues to be able to do so.
- Win together - We succeed together & challenge each other to grow. We collaborate & support one another as a team.