Senior Data Engineer
Posted on 9/9/2022
Remote • Chicago, IL, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- Excellent hands-on coding in an Object Oriented Language - Java/Scala/Python
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Expertise in using Big Data frameworks (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Vertica, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Planning delivery of data pipelines and API endpoints for IAS (Integral Ad Science) product offerings
- Architect and build data pipelines on the cloud (AWS, Google cloud)
- Design streaming infrastructure
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis
- Build tools and frameworks for use across the data engineering teams
- Define and implement best practices and development processes
- Partner with engineering teams to drive solutions
- Participate in training and mentoring of data engineers
Global technology and data company
IAS's mission is to be the global benchmark for trust and transparency in digital media quality.
- Healthcare: Comprehensive health insurance
- Flexible PTO: Take what you need, when you need it
- Retirement: 401k match in the US, country-specific pension plans
- Parental leave: Full maternity and paternity leave
- Community: Volunteer opportunities
- Celebrating team players: Peer-nominated awards
- Meals and snacks: Stocked kitchens to fuel your day
- Team events: Frequent happy hours, parties and outings
- We Innovate: We build cool stuff. Innovation is at the core of what we do. We build products, deliver solutions, and generate ideas that provide valuable functions for our customers.
- We Are Accountable: We hold ourselves and each other accountable for our conduct with teammates and our customers. We take full ownership for our deliverables.
- We Are One Team: We value and rely on each other. We are inclusive. We show up for each other, and we act with empathy and consideration for the benefit of the team.
- We Do the Right Thing: Regardless of whether anyone is looking or not. We act with honesty, transparency, and integrity in working with each other and with our customers.
- We Are Customer Obsessed: We put the customer front and center of everything that we do. Our customers’ success is our success.
- We have a Bias for Action: Speed matters in business. We move at high velocity and we privilege risk-taking.