Employee Relations Business Partner
Posted on 9/21/2022
Remote • United States
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management, Employee/Industrial Relations, Business, Employment/Legal Studies
- Minimum 3-5 years Employee Relations experience
- Experience handling a wide variety of complex ER cases and employee investigations in the U.S., ideally with knowledge and experience in various state regulations (California, etc)
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills
- Demonstrated investigation and consultative skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Equipped with great judgment, tact, discretion, and professionalism, especially when it comes to confidential documents and communications
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Assist HRBPs with the assessment and review of performance management, including the editing, review and execution of performance advisories and performance improvement plans
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support in all matters related to workplace issues.These matters include management coaching and training; policy development and interpretation; disability and leave accommodations
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and prevention of ER risk
- Promote knowledge and understanding of company policy and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training
- Assist in ongoing review and updates of the Employee Policy Manual, Teacher's Guides and procedures
- Assist with the assessment of organizational changes
- Build relationships with key ER functional partners
- Assist with other ER project work and consultations related to the employee experience as needed
- Conduct complex and sensitive employee investigations with little supervision, including determining appropriate investigation strategies, leading witness interviews and any required document review, and determining findings and recommendations for appropriate resolution
- Where applicable, draft well-written investigation-related documents, including leader/HRBP talking points, written warnings, case executive summaries and other documents with little supervision
- Partner collaboratively with HRBPs, Legal, Information Security, Management Audit, Communications, Diversity & Inclusion and others to execute thorough investigations, influencing decisions where appropriate
- Respond to employee complaints as required
- Based in Colorado: $109,280 - $136,600
- Based in New York or Washington State: $115,760 - $144,700
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $128,560 - $160,700
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave
- Juris Doctorate
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives