Lilac is seeking a chemical engineer to lead scale-up of chemical process equipment for Lilac’s bead manufacturing and lithium processing facilities. Responsibilities will include working with mechanical and materials engineers on conceptual design, detailed engineering, procurement, permitting, installation, commissioning, and operations for process equipment and systems at pilot and commercial scale. This is a full-time position and can be located in Oakland, CA OR Fernley, NV.
- Degree in chemical engineering or related field with 6+ years of experience in chemical or materials manufacturing
- Experience with process design, developing chemical equipment specifications, piping design and sizing, equipment commissioning and plant integration.
- Advanced experience with chemical process modeling and balance of plant
- Passion for rapid prototyping and innovation
- Highly organized with sharp attention to numerical detail
- Excited to work on a small fast-paced startup team with a drive to succeed and grow with the company
- Up to 20% travel