Posted on 2/2/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Experience in automotive or robotics software development
- Experience in ROS/ROS2 or similar software development
- Experience in working with DDS middleware
- Experience in software development for ARM SoCs
- Familiar with embedded software development environment
- Familiar with software development on Linux, RTOS(QNX, FreeRTOS, etc.) and windows platforms
- Working knowledge of automotive communication protocols (CAN, Ethernet, etc.)
- Test automation tool selection and execution experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from R&D phase to a product
- SIL/HIL testing
- Scripting languages (for example PERL, Python)
- Software Development life cycle experience, from requirements gathering through to implementation and maintenance
- Design, develop and deploy Rivian autonomous driving operation system software
- Develop software working on Linux as well as real-time operation systems (QNX, FreeRTOS, etc.)
- Develop software working on a distributed and heterogeneous system (across multiple processors/ECUs)
- Develop necessary tools to support development, debugging and testing
- Assist in software-design and code reviews while assisting other developers on technical issues, design choices and decision making
- Analysis of requirements, the architecture, design, development, code review, quality assurance and deployment of entire software engineering life cycle
- Work closely with other development and cross-functional team members
- Software development experience on microcontrollers is a plus
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team