RII develops cutting-edge software for the government and military. We use agile development practices and user-centered design to create innovative software solutions for complex real-world problems. We’re breaking through the big, slow status quo with transformative technology that fundamentally changes and improves the world.
We are looking for a committed Backend Software Developer to join our Software Engineering team. Solve uniquely challenging problems for our Defense and Homeland Security customers. Help manage large volumes of critical, real-time information about issues from global to local. Get s#it done.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security clearance, a current active clearance is not required.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Working within a cross-functional agile development team to produce high quality software to support a critical national defense decision making platform
- Software development of micro services in Java using the Spring Cloud Ecosystem and deployed to both KVM and AWS based environments
- Designing and Developing RESTful interfaces for external systems to ingest data at scale
- Writing data transforms that can operate at scale to ensure backwards compatibility
- Leveraging the existing technology stack and investigating emerging technologies to solve new challenges for our customers
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE
- BS in Computer Science, equivalent degree, or previous work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience primarily with Java Design and Development
- Experience with Spring Boot Ecosystem
- Experience with ETL frameworks (e.g. NiFi, Spark, Camel)
- Experience working in an agile development environment utilizing either Kanban or Scrum.
- Experience in understanding and decomposing system level requirements into discrete and measurable tasks
- Experience with Git and Pull Request review.
- Experience developing RESTFul web services in Java
- Experience with Ansible to deploy and configure applications
- Experience with Spring Cloud
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, Accumulo/HBase, etc)
- Experience with message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka)
- Experience working in cloud hosting environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Experience working Docker and Kubernetes
At RII, we believe that diversity in our workforce is critical to our success. We strive to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger. We work to help your intellectual passions and creativity thrive. It’s one of our core values: Let your geek flag fly.
We also offer all employees comprehensive benefits including: flexible work schedules, health insurance coverage, paid time off, 401k with a company match, paid parental leave, access to wellness programs and much more. You get this all from day one, and all paid for by RII.
It’s all part of another of our core values: Stay human. It’s why our comfortable and colorful offices such as our headquarters, include a community game room, pantry, massage chair, and an escape room, among other amenities. It’s why we have community managers and regular community events.
It’s also why, during the current pandemic, most of us aren’t actually in our lovely office. We’re all working fully remote where possible, with safety controls for those who do have to be on site. RII is committed to not overwhelming our healthcare system, preventing infection for those most at risk, reducing the impact on our communities, and keeping our employees working.
Research Innovations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.