Principal Devops Engineer
Posted on 8/17/2022
Austin, TX, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
Google Cloud Platform
- Must have 3+ years of hands-on experience programming in python/golang/etc. A deep understanding of computer science fundamentals, test driven development and design principles
- Must have 5+ years of extensive hands-on experience with various industry standard developer and enterprise products such as or similar to GitHub, Terraform, Artifactory, Vault, Jira, Splunk, New Relic, Jenkins
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with concepts pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker and running service mesh and api gateways
- Prior experience developing, shipping and managing production cloud infrastructure at scale (AWS/GCP)
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux networking and operating system
- Appreciation of security, cloud networking and SDLC related technologies, e.g. PKI, TLS, DNS, Secrets Management, Ci/CD, RBAC, Remote Access, SSO/OAUTH and DevSecOps code scanning
- Highly-collaborate team player who can build strong relationships a all levels of the technology and business organizations
- Proactive, takes ownership, follows through, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Ability to thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment, learning new skills to implement new technologies
- Work across Platform Engineering teams to ensure a seamless integration of the enablement services in our internal developer cloud platforms to provide capabilities to D&B's development and product aligned engineering teams to meet the needs of the business
- Plan, implement, and release changes using zero-downtime techniques
- Identify and implement continuous improvements to reduce mean time of delivery, antifragile design
- Implement repeatable CI/CD pipelines to build the cloud platform, end user applications, machine images and containers
- Document, advocate and formalize patterns for resilience, availability, security, monitoring and alerting
- Directly collaborate with application teams and product stakeholders to understand business requirements, help drive alignment and build thoughtful solutions throughout your team
- Be involved in the development of scalable, distributed software systems, and work on other projects that require research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions
- Participate in the architecture review process and pull request-based code and document reviews to help steer developers towards. platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field preferred
Business intelligence products for companies
Dun & Bradstreet seeks to create a global network of trust enabling clients to turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity, and potential into prosperity. The company is building on its world-class data and analytics—Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud—to deliver more data and deeper insights.
- Medical and Prescription Drug: Comprehensive coverage through a choice of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan and Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP). The CDHP plan has a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. D&B contributes to the HSA each year.
- Dental: Insurance including preventive care, basic care, major care and orthodontia
- Vision: Coverage for routine eye exams and prescription lenses, frames and contact lenses
- Health Care Accounts: Set aside before-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses. You can choose a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance: Company paid life insurance, as well as additional coverage including Basic, Supplemental, Spouse or Domestic Partner, and Child
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you suffer an accident that is fatal or dismembering
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you are injured or die as a result of an accident while traveling on Company-approved business
- Short-Term Disability (STD): Company provided benefit that offers you income protection for absence due to nonwork-related injury or illness
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): Coverage that picks up when your STD ends. It provides income protection if you become totally disabled and are unable to work after 180 days of continuous disability.
- Critical Illness Insurance: Insurance that is intended to supplement your medical and disability coverage. It provides a lump-sum benefit in the event you (or a covered family member) are diagnosed with a covered condition, such as cancer, heart attack, and more
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you pay for costs in the event you (or a covered family member) are hospitalized.
- Accident Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you (or a covered family member) pay for costs for a covered injury and related services
- 401(k) Plan: Retirement plan into which you can make before-tax, Roth and after-tax contributions; company match is available along with a wide range of investment options
- Personalized Planning & Advice (PP&A): Assistance with 401(k) investment decisions and financial wellness
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Set aside before-tax dollars to use towards eligible dependent child or adult care services
- Legal Insurance Plan: Insurance plan that provides you with prepaid legal services to help you address a wide range of legal matters (i.e. home purchase, will creation, small claims court, dispute with a home contractor, and much more)
- Home and Auto Insurance: Special group rates and discounts on protection of your home, car and other personal property
- Commuter Benefit: Pay for your commuting expenses through before-tax payroll deductions
- Pet Insurance: Plan that reimburses you for expenses incurred for covered services
- Vacation days: 20 days and you are eligible to earn more based on your years of service
- Holidays: 9 paid days that coincide with the national holidays when our US offices are closed, plus one floating holiday of your choice
- Volunteer Days: Two days per year to volunteer
- Unsick Day: One paid day off to visit the doctor when you are not sick
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver, and up to 2 weeks of paid leave for the secondary caregiver
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free confidential support, including access a network of professional counselors, and referrals on resources for everyday needs
- Adoption Assistance: Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to adopting a child
- Education Assistance: Provides financial assistance for outside education to enable team members to achieve greater results in their current position and/or to prepare team members for future assignments within Dun & Bradstreet
Company Core Values
- Data-Inspired - We’re passionate about the power of data. It’s at the heart of everything we do.
- Relentlessly Curious - We embrace the change in the world around us. We know it brings new problems to solve, new things to learn and new ways to grow.
- Inherently Generous - We succeed by helping others succeed. We openly share our time and talent, and we confidently welcome the help of others.