Are you a skilled sub-editor with a passion for sports? Do you have a hyper accurate eye for detail and a strong instinct for what engages an audience? DAZN may be the place for you!
As Platform Editor at DAZN you will work under the Chief Editor and Team Lead, publishing content, organising the app across multiple territories and ensuring flawless live playout of events. You will require a strong knowledge of a variety of sports, from European Football to Combat to Motorsports and more.
This key role carries responsibility for writing headlines, composing/editing descriptions, and selecting imagery for all live events and non-live content. You will also be responsible for editorial maintenance of the app both on the front and back end. Accuracy is key. It is crucial that you can pick the right line and image to sell the content, and that you are able to prioritise content by what will appeal to a user most.
This role is based in Leeds, with a combination of in-office and hybrid working.
Benefits include access to DAZN, 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years), annual performance-related bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, pension contributions up to 5%, family friendly community including enhanced parental leave, electric vehicle benefit option, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for flexible working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Platform Editor, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Engage a worldwide audience
- Sub-edit and compose written content, adding attractive headlines
- Dictate the look and feel of the app via image selection
- Deliver content to subscribers by maintaining the DAZN app, monitoring key metadata across a stacked schedule, plus highlights and replays
- Contribute and execute ideas for the layout of the DAZN app
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience picking out errors in spelling and grammar. Nothing escapes your eye
- Ability to watch an interview and pick out the killer headline every time. You know what lines sports fans will click on
- Deep knowledge of at least 3 of the following: Boxing, NFL, European football, MMA, Wrestling
- Extremely strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Even better if you have:
- A working proficiency in either Spanish or French
- A knowledge of the OTT/sports broadcasting landscape
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you’ll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We’re doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We’re using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we’re not going to stop.
If you’re ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you’re the kind of person who’s going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: [email protected]
, [email protected]
, [email protected]
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.