6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 3%
2 year growth↑ 63%
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, partnerships and/or corporate innovation roles
- Financial Services/Fintech experience preferred
- Fluency in French and English
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strategic investor and portfolio company engagement and support
- Research and insights development
- Operations and Reporting
- Supporting Partnerships team members
- Meeting with investors and portfolio companies
- Developing relevant content for investors
- Preparing collateral for regular update meetings
- Managing the team’s CRM and tracking tools
- Eager to always be learning about the latest trends and market developments
- Proactive and innovative
- Collaborative and authentic
Sagard is a multi-strategy alternative asset manager with professionals located in North America, Europe and the Middle East. Sagard invests across five asset classes: Venture & Growth, Private Equity, Private Credit, Royalties, and Real Estate, and since 2016, has grown exponentially from US$500M to over US$25B AUM, and over 300 team members in just 8 years.
Sagard’s entrepreneurial DNA is palpable across our entire team and is a platform built by entrepreneurs, for entrepreneurs. Sagard looks to generate attractive returns by matching investment opportunities with flexible capital solutions and pairing entrepreneurs with teams that have deep industry knowledge. Sagard develops long-term partnerships and empowers the growth of its investments through a unique global network of portfolio companies, limited partners, advisors, and other valued relationships.
Sagard is a UN PRI signatory and strives to measure and assess the social and economic impact it has on the people and businesses within our network, as well as on our society as a whole.
At Sagard, we offer more than just financial returns. Our value proposition focuses on providing strategic business benefits to both investors and portfolio companies. The Partnerships team has two main goals:
- To assist investors with their business priorities and projects by fostering portfolio company partnerships and delivering insights on market trends
- To drive revenue growth for portfolio companies by leveraging the Sagard ecosystem and partnership model
We collaborate closely with business, strategy, and technology leaders in major financial services companies and fintechs across Canada, the US, and Europe. Our role is to offer advice, insights, and introductions, providing the guidance and tools to help their businesses to succeed.
To further this mission, we seek a dynamic Associate for the Partnerships team. This integral role involves actively engaging with investors, providing continuous support, sharing fund and market updates, and exploring ongoing partnership opportunities. The Associate will also contribute to creating relevant content, such as thought leadership pieces and market scans, to keep investors informed and enhance their strategic thinking. Additionally, the role includes a key responsibility in operations and reporting, preparing collateral for regular update meetings, and managing the team’s CRM and tracking tools.
Join us in making a significant impact on the success of our investors and portfolio companies.
Strategic investor and portfolio company engagement and support
- Support Partnerships team members in their work with investors to continuously understand areas of focus, key projects and priorities and identify how we can support them through our Partnership and Insights programs
- Meet with investors on a regular basis to provide fund and market updates, discuss on-going partnership opportunities and upcoming events
- Work with portfolio companies to identify how we can support commercial introductions from within our network and help activate those opportunities
Research and insights
- Develop relevant and useful content that helps investors stay on top of current trends and accelerate their internal thinking and plans on related priorities and projects
- Work closely with the Investment teams and other ecosystem partners, such as Diagram Ventures, to identify, develop and execute on the team’s content strategy
- Help develop value added content such as thought leadership pieces, market scans, resource guides and presentations for our investors and portfolio companies
- Help develop and execute virtual and in person events and workshops on specific topics of interest to our investors
Operations and Reporting
- Prepare collateral for regular update meetings with investors and portfolio companies as required
- Manage the team’s CRM and other tracking tools as well as produce regular Partnerships performance reports for senior leadership
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, partnerships and/or corporate innovation roles. Financial Services/Fintech experience is preferred but not required
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a proven ability to take an idea from concept to execution
- Eager to always be learning about the latest trends and market developments that drive the investments we make as a firm and able to clearly, concisely, and creatively communicate those insights with partners verbally, in writing or ppt/Slides
- A team player who is eager to do what is required to support the team in achieving its objectives
- Bilingual - capable of speaking, writing and reading in French and English fluently is a definite plus
Our ideal candidate
- Entrepreneurial: Self-starter, ability to operate quickly with lean resources and a passion for investing
- Rigorous: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; organized and outstanding attention to detail; a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented workplace; hard-working and willingness to work nights and weekends when required
- Proactive and innovative: Thrives in a dynamic working environment; curious, eager to learn about and contribute to a wide variety of topics; suggests new ideas and new ways of working
- Collaborative: Inclusive operating style coupled with a hands-on, results-oriented attitude
- Authentic: Demonstrates humility, openness, integrity, and inclusiveness
Sagard is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process. Please contact the People & Culture team to make your needs known in advance.
We welcome all applications and wish to thank all candidates for their interest in applying for this position. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.