Software Engineer, Backend (Charging)
Posted on 12/23/2021
Remote in USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience, with 1+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building micro-services at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second in cloud environment AWS/GCP/AZURE (at least one of them)
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build centralized logging, tracking
- Experience developing APIs with the care they deserve REST with OpenAPI, Swagger
- In-depth knowledge of Web protocols, experience with AWS, Java/Kotlin/Spring-Boot/Python, Kubernates, Kafka and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, BitBucket
- Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices specifically containers and container orchestration platforms
- Knowledge of IoT device management highly desired
- Knowledge of OCPP, OCPI, and ISO 15118 Plug & Charge standards highly desired
- Partner closely with Product and Charging development team to provide solutions and recommendations Ability to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions
- Design, extend and review software architecture Be hands-on and involved with every stage of product development life cycle
- Develop state of the art code Influence/Establish the software development culture of the team. Create standards and best practices for software engineering
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team