Location: Boston, MA (Hybrid - 4 days in office M-TR)
Start date: Immediately
Wayfair does not provide relocation for this role
2+ years of professional Python & SQL experience required
Senior Technical Analyst, Replenishment Analytics
Wayfair’s Global Demand Planning & Analytics team enables the Planning and Inventory Management function at Wayfair to achieve its mission of building an integrated approach to drive high product availability across CastleGate (CG), Physical Retail, and Dropship; combined with high turns, strong penetration, and optimal positioning for CG. The team consists of technical analysts, data science/ML/economics experts, ML/software engineers, and product managers who collectively are responsible for developing and managing global large-scale demand forecasting systems and scalable analytics products that power Wayfair’s complex supply chain and inform the business on its performance and forward looking outcomes.
Within this broader team, the Replenishment Analytics team builds analytics products to support key internal customers, inform the business on the impact of our strategies, build forward looking projections of inventory management and throughput in the fulfillment network, and define tech and reporting needs.The Replenishment Analytics team is looking for a Technical Senior Analyst to build these products, develop analytics to enable the business to scale, and enable the business to optimize the trade-offs between inventory availability, shipping speed and supply chain cost.
What You’ll Do:
- Build scalable analytics products in SQL and Python that enable leadership and other internal customers to understand and manage performance, including forward looking models that evaluate the impact of our strategy on fulfillment activities, resourcing, and costs
- Perform statistical analysis across large data sets to develop performance insights and forward looking projections of business outcomes
- Build segment level performance projections to develop holistic views which indicate company wide trajectory across various operational KPI.
- Enable scalable performance management processes through a product suite that creates a feedback loop of inputs to inform the business outlook and projection
- Establish data structures that enable scalability in the processes and tools to monitor CG inventory performance across key KPIs (turns, availability, penetration, positioning) and allow for adjacent teams to consume that data
- Communicate findings with colleagues from computer science, operations research and business backgrounds
What You’ll need:
- MS/PhD in a quantitative field (Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Economics) with a strong academic record
- A highly analytical individual who can give structure to complex and often ambiguous data and modeling problems
- Exceptional analytics skill set, including a high degree of comfort / expertise with Python or R and relational databases (SQL) on a daily basis with proven track record of insight development leading to action;
- Comfort operating with large data sets to identify trends, drill into specific details, make recommendations, and deliver upon desired outcomes
- High attention to detail with ability to appropriately manage and prioritize projects and tasks appropriately that leads to results
- Innovative problem-solving skills with a tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Passionate about tackling complex supply-chain business problems from problem definition and business-case development to implementation
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].