The Uber Technical Program Management (TPM) team plays a critical role in the delivery of high-impact initiatives. Our programs are an independent source of truth for the organization. We ensure that timely decisions are made and that data and risk are well understood and managed. In the course of delivering programs, we drive continuous improvement within teams and the growth of organizational capabilities.
We are a unified team of TPMs reporting directly to Uber’s CTO and working across all parts of Uber’s engineering and product organization. Our TPMs are driving programs across the entire technology stack from infrastructure and platform engagements to initiatives spanning our product verticals and lines of business such as Rides, Eats, & Grocery Delivery.
What You’ll Do
- TPMs move fluidly from the big picture to the details so that the team can deliver sophisticated and strategic cross-functional projects, often with time constraints.
- Act as a bridge and a connector for the company, thrive in a dynamic work environment, and balance and prioritize multiple projects with ease.
- Be intuitive, focused, driven, organized, and productive. Break through communication issues and effectively develop relationships with partners at all levels of the organization.
- Build trust across the organization. Unafraid to be direct, but strive to act with empathy and integrity.
TPM Work Involves the Following:
- Lead sophisticated and large-scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Collaborate with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define landmarks and manage resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project partners. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, run customer concerns, and provide support to teams balancing opposing priorities. Get results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge. This might include publishing a blog post or giving a talk.
- Help handle the cross-functional strategic planning and business planning process, leading conversations with key partners to develop concepts for central initiatives, and developing those into detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Continuously improve and scale the organization. Implement continuous improvements to the engineering organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization. Improve product development and delivery. Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team.
- Currently enrolled in school with a graduation date no earlier than December 2023 (ie. must return to school after internship)
- Solid technical background and an ability to comprehend technical designs, challenges, and risks
- Interest in gaining internship experience as a Technical Program Manager or engineer in a software, SaaS, or mobile development environment
- Experienced in project management - familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through building relationships
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of the highest-priority items
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, and recommendations and drive decisions
- Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions objectively
For San Francisco-based roles: the hourly rate range for this role is $52-67. You will receive a monthly housing stipend of $1700.
For Sunnyvale-based roles: the hourly rate range for this role is $52-67. You will receive a monthly housing stipend of $1700.
For Seattle-based roles: the hourly rate range for this role is $52-67. You will receive a monthly housing stipend of $1700.
For New York City-based roles: the hourly rate range for this role is $52-67. You will receive a monthly housing stipend of $1700.
For all US locations, you will also be eligible for various benefits.
At Uber, we reimagine the way the world moves for the better. The idea was born on a snowy night in Paris in 2008, and ever since then, our DNA of reimagination and reinvention carries on. We’ve grown into a global platform moving people and things in ever-expanding ways, taking on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters make movement happen at the push of a button for everyone, everywhere.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
Uber is committed to a safe workplace. We have implemented COVID-19 safety protocols that meet or exceed local public health guidelines. Workplace safety remains our number one priority. As a result, Uber recommends all US- and Canada-based employees to be vaccinated in order to access any of our facilities; this is subject to change solely at the Company’s discretion.