Senior Applied Scientist
Posted on 11/15/2022
Cambridge, MA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Named entity recognition (NER)
- Entity linking and coreference resolution
- Extreme multiclass text classification
- Open-domain question answering
- Relationship and fact extraction
- Outstanding people come from all different backgrounds, and we're always interested in meeting talented people! Therefore, we do not require any particular credential or experience. If our work seems exciting to you, and you feel that you could excel in this position, we'd love to hear from you
- That said, most successful candidates will fit the following profile, which reflects both our technical needs and team culture:
- You hold a degree in Computer Science, Applied Math, or a similar field
- You have experience designing, executing and evaluating ML experiments with real-world applications
- You have mastery of the techniques required to work effectively with real-world data and have developed a successful track record training ML models on large, messy datasets
- You have a deep understanding of what makes for well engineered software systems and understand that even superlative ML coupled with poor code will not go far
- You prefer to collaborate iteratively on hard problems with your teammates rather than spending stretches of time working alone and presenting your results intermittently
- You have a love for learning new skills and domains and share your knowledge freely, proactively, and effectively with others who are interested
- You are a generous and fun teammate and can take your work seriously without taking yourself too seriously
- Develop novel NLP algorithms and models using state-of-the-art techniques like deep learning and knowledge base-augmented ML
- Move the needle on unsolved problems in cross-domain NLP by conducting original research into replicating and augmenting human expert behavior with machine intelligence
- Write production-ready modeling code that can be scaled out to billions of documents and millions of users
- Contribute to a stellar engineering culture that values simplicity and function rooted in excellent design, documentation, testing, and code
- Collaborate with senior product and engineering leaders to identify the most promising problems to go after
- Share your results with your colleagues (presentations), senior executives (board meetings), and the world (published papers, patents, and blog posts)
- Mentor and lead other ML Scientists and Engineers to help make our team even more awesome!
Kenshoo is the global leader in agile marketing software.
Kensho is committed to creating a kind, diverse and equitable workplace, fostering a sense of belonging, and ensuring that the company is a place where employees can bring their whole selves to work. The company develops agile marketing software.
- Health - 100% employer-paid insurance that covers you and your family... and more
- Wellness - 26 weeks paid parental leave, flexible work hours... and more
- Growth - 6% 401K match, 20K tuition reimbursement, Knowledge Days... and more
Company Core Values
- Go Team - We put the team before ourselves. We aren’t selfish. We disagree but commit.
- Empowerment - We prefer a flat hierarchy and don’t pay much attention to titles. We encourage intelligent risk-taking; we like action, and we don’t waste time.
- Inclusion - We encourage differences. We respect and seek out backgrounds and opinions that are different from our own.
- Open Communication - We default to openness and happily acknowledge and embrace failures so we can learn from them.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We never sacrifice our high bar and optimize under the assumption that quality work hours from the best people are the scarcest resource.