Manager – Billing Operations
Posted on 3/13/2023
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ Years of experience in billing and collections
- 3+ Years experience with Zuora and Salesforce from quote to cash
- Proven ability to perform strategic planning and set priorities for a billing department
- Proven track record for improving processes and problem- solving
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach and motivate
- Solid understanding of billing and financial concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams. Able to work in stressful situations with firm deadlines
- Ability to use GitLab
- System knowledge
- Zuora Billing
- Salesforce CRM
- Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Slack (preferred, not required)
- Manage a group of Billing Operations Analysts across territory (EMEA/APAC)
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and leading a billing operations team
- Responsible for the resolution of complex billing matters
- Work closely with Billing Operations and Analytics Manager in strategic initiatives to optimize all billing related activities
- Working knowledge of all billing requirements by deal type, entity, and channel
- Manage relationships with Sales Operations, Accounts Receivable and Revenue team
- Manage weekly, monthly, and quarterly reconciliation reporting
- Lead monthly invoice validation analysis against booking and billing
- Establish and iterate on quality assurance processes and controls in monthly billing processes for compliance and internal audit
- Develop and implement billing system improvements, including defining requirements and performing user acceptance tests
- Perform routine operational tasks related to the Billing Applications and related components such as monitoring of queues, error reporting and overall system health
- Fulfill quarterly and annual audit requests
- Write and conduct performance evaluations for Subscription Billing direct reports
Repository hosting manager tool
It is GitLab's mission to make it so that everyone can contribute. When everyone can contribute, users become contributors and greatly increases the rate of innovation.
- Spending Company Money
- Equity Compensation
- Life Insurance
- Financial Wellness
- Paid Time Off
- Growth and Development Benefit
- GitLab Contribute
- Business Travel Accident Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Part-time contracts
- Meal Train
- Fertility & Family Planning
- Parental Leave
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: To achieve results, team members must work together effectively.
- Results: We do what we promised to each other, customers, users, and investors.
- Efficiency: Working efficiently on the right things enables us to make fast progress, which makes our work more fulfilling.
- Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
- Iteration: We do the smallest thing possible and get it out as quickly as possible.
- Transparency: Be open about as many things as possible.