Director – Product Management
Posted on 3/28/2023
Remote • United States
- Prior experience building products and solutions in the Privacy and Compliance space:consent management, data deletion and retention and privacy regulations
- Prior experience mentoring and managing senior product managers
- Exec presence and highly comfortable presenting very complex technical solutions to a large audience
- Ability to connect the dots and clearly articulate the 'why' and the 'what' and tie them back to business goals and priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships and partnerships with internal/external business partners at all levels of the organization
- Lead by example and models a passion for the business as well as demonstrates a proactive and solution-oriented style
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills
- Track record of working on high-throughput, low-latency, and highly available distributed systems
- Own the vision and roadmap for Privacy and Compliance
- Work closely with customers, understand their unique requirements, quickly absorb their nuanced interpretation of various compliance and privacy laws and guide the team to build a strong roadmap and vision
- Lead the solution brainstorming, implementation, and ongoing monitoring of all major new products and initiatives, in the privacy and compliance space to ensure privacy risks, concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed
- Manage cross team partnership with architects, engineering leads, Professional Services, legal and other internal stakeholders to build scalable solutions
- Lead executive presentations, proposals and demos with customer champions
- Mentor and guide PMs in the team and help uplevel product craft for the entire organization
- Track industry trends and establish a center of expertise in the product org for all things related to consent management, privacy policies, deletion of personal user data
- Based in Colorado: $193,760 - $242,200
- Based in New York, Washington State or California (outside the San Francisco Bay Area): $205,200 - $256,500
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $227-920 - $284,900
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives