We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo is rapidly growing and expanding our product portfolio. Security needs at Komodo Health are increasing, and we are looking for an experienced individual to help us Shift Left and improve our security posture across the organization. The Security team’s mission is to safeguard our data, infrastructure, and applications. Since we work with healthcare data, security is a high priority. In this role, you’ll be able to wear multiple hats and support security initiatives broadly across the company. You will be a crucial contributor to maturing our security capabilities.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Discovered, remediated and validated security issues across cloud infrastructure per industry standard information security policies
- Built, deployed, and managed production security tools and services to monitor networks, endpoints, and cloud workloads
- Designedand operated scalable processes to provision cloud access and maintain least-privilege
- Performed architectural and design reviews through the security lens and provided timely, actionable requirements and recommendations
- Rolled out new technology for cloud specific security concerns
- Reviewed engineering application design, both new and existing
- Developed internal tooling to automate security detection and configuration
- Improved our ability to detect vulnerabilities in our applications
- Partnered with internal engineering teams to implement projects
- Monitored and responded to alerts from SIEM and other alerts
- Responded to ad-hoc requests
- Used Python for Security administration
- Participated in an on-call rotation
- Supported the implementation of Zero Trust
- Supported the security of AWS, Kubernetes/Docker, and Terraform
Some of the projects we are currently working on
- Re-architecting our IAM and SnowFlake permission to enable scale and least privilege
- Developing a Vulnerability Management strategy
- Evaluating Container Analysis Tools
- Rolling out an Application Security training program
- Rolling out a Vulnerability Disclosure Program
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management (AWS IAM, Okta, IDP/SP)
- Expertise in networking resources, including TCP/IP, AWS VPCs, Security Groups, and NACL
- Experience with security services in AWS Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, AWS Config, SumoLogic, and AlienVault (Splunk)
- Experience with Python scripting and automation
- Experience responding to and investigating security events and tracking remediation
- Experience with vulnerability remediation and SIEM optimization.
- Ability to get up to speed on new security frameworks and concepts
- Experience with application security, OWASP Top 10, SAST, and DAST solutions
- Willingness to be a security generalist and wear multiple hats
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Certifications: (one or more)
- AWS Certified Security - Specialty
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional
Compensation at Komodo Health
We are committed to providing competitive compensation for all roles at Komodo Health. We carefully consider multiple factors when determining compensation, including your skills, experience, and location while balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. The targeted base salary range for the Senior Cloud Security Engineerrole is $140,000 to $233,200 plus a competitive bonus and equity package.
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.