Senior Technical Revenue Accountant
Posted on 12/13/2022
Bellevue, WA, USA
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting or finance functions with extensive experience in revenue accounting
- CPA certification is required
- Value collaboration and the importance of supporting your team; help others when needed
- History of strong performance in high-volume teams
- Willingness to understand how accounting systems work, and desire to help process improvement
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably NetSuite)
- Analyze significant and complex revenue contracts to evaluate technical accounting treatment observing ASC 606
- Collaborate with essential partners such as FinOps, Deal Desk, Legal, and Sales on a variety of projects to develop scalable operational processes and ensure compliance with revenue recognition policies and SOX
- Develop an understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results
- Continue to increase efficiencies in processes to produce metrics which are required for financial statement reporting purposes
- Work with the internal and external audit team to provide support and ensure ASC 606 compliance
- Support the company's product launches by working with Revenue Team management to assess risks to the Order-to-Cash cycle and ensure appropriate revenue recognition treatment
- Document revenue recognition policies and other various procedures and thresholds in the form of technical accounting memos
Cloud-based collaboration platform
Smartsheet's mission is to empower anyone to drive meaningful change - for themselves, their businesses and even for the world.
- Health and wellness benefits - From sick days to mental health services, we support you. We provide company-sponsored comprehensive healthcare coverage and well-being benefit programs so you can take care of your whole self.
- Time away - We want you to find time for what matters to you. We offer a variety of programs so you can recharge and reconnect, including paid time off for company holidays, vacation, volunteering, military leave, and parental bonding.
- An investment in your future - We help you plan for the dreams you’re working toward. We offer every employee competitive pay, retirement contributions, stock awards, and an employee stock purchase program.
- Perks and discounts - It's the details that make life easier. From discount programs and an allowance for work-related expenses, to medical concierge (U.S. only) and caregiver services, we help set you up for success both at work and outside of it.
- An inclusive environment - We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is rooted in respect for all people. We believe that by celebrating diversity of voices and experiences, and by creating equitable opportunities for our team, customers, and communities, we enable people to do and be their best.
- Continuous learning - We know that when you’re growing, so are we. That's why we provide opportunities to develop on the job through internal mobility, virtual learning, and a variety of development programs.
Company Core Values
- Value-driven culture - We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily from the top down.
- Meaningful impact - Smartsheet helps employees achieve more by providing a supportive, respectful culture that pushes its people to excel and innovate.
- Investing in employees - From wide-ranging benefits to on-site development programs, Smartsheet is truly invested in its employees' well-being — both in and outside of the workplace.