Scientist – Process Development
Updated on 3/22/2023
Pleasanton, CA, USA
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or equivalent
- 0-2 years of industrial experience
- Ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in-depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial
- Good documentation skills and ability to communicate experimental design, results and plans through presentations and reports
- Experience with automation equipment or custom instrumentation
- Ability to develop, validate and transfer processes to manufacturing or OEM vendors
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
- Develop, optimize and support a broad range of chemistry-based production processes through use of liquid handling robots, custom equipment, optical imaging, and analytical testing
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, microfluidics, production processes, and molecular biology to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify solutions
- Plan and correctly execute experiments, maintain an accurate record of experimental details, in-depth data analysis, and clear communication of these results through documentation and presentations
- Write protocols, develop procedures, and maintain accurate records
- Communicate and present results clearly and contribute data for making critical design decisions
- Relevant experience developing successful processes in the life science industry is a plus
DNA sequencing insight platform
10x Genomics is on a mission to develop innovative instruments, reagents, and software that allow you to see your biological system at a resolution that matches its complexity. The company enables scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they did not even know they could ask.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
Company Core Values
- We are mission driven and stay relentlessly focused on that mission.
- We operate from first principles.
- We strive for exponential impact.
- We put WE before ME.
- We believe exceptional talent delivers outsized results.