Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America’s Best Startup Employer!
About the Group Product Manager, Platform Solutions role:
The Group Product Manager will report to the Director of Product Management, Platform Solutions and will be responsible for leading product aspects of OpenGov’s Platform, including its Identity & Access Management System, platform technologies, and cross-product synergy use cases.. This role places emphasis on driving business growth, identifying and executing market-defining product enhancements, and marshaling OpenGov’s developers, UX and market-facing resources to excel.
Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of successful enterprise product leadership, technical skills, customer focused innovation, superb communications skills, PM coaching and development skills.
• Help shape the strategy for Platform Shared Services at OpenGov
•Work with OpenGov’s Suites on continual discovery and requirements building
•Engage in superb teaming with Engineering, UX and Market Facing functions
•Drive impact through design iteration, detailed user stories, agile sequencing, and orchestration for major releases
•Work cross-functionally on Platform features that include multiple dependencies
•Support adoption and onboarding for new Platform capabilities
• Enterprise SaaS (software as a service) experience working on ERP, EPM, Accounting, Budgeting or similar products
• Proven track record of leading, developing and bringing new products to market
• At least 6 years of product management experience
• At least 2 years of product manager coaching and team development experience
• Ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse information
• Intelligence, passion and drive
• Strong product-cycle execution track record
• An eye for user-centric design demonstrated through top-notch products
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive technical experience
• Experience with object oriented programming and design
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree
Nice to have:
• Previous work experience in the financial industry or in a financial role (e.g. Financial management, FP&A, etc.)
• Governmental experience
What makes OpenGov unique
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here
to read more.
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We’re powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.