Business Intelligence Analyst
Posted on 6/14/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Bachelors Degree
- 3+ years hands-on experience in BI, Data Science, or Data engineering
- High level proficiency in SQL
- Experience building datasets, and a willingness to learn internal ETL tools
- Some Python experience and a willingness to develop your skills
- Experience to BI tools like Periscope, Tableau
- Familiarity with Github, JIRA, Snowflake
- Good communicator, need to be able to articulate problems and potential solutions
- Proven ability to prioritize and deliver on groomed list deliverables on time
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with cross functional teams, troubleshoot a problem, gather information, and recommend solutions
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
- Own and the entire stack behind critical metrics, have a holistic understanding of the metrics from the underlying data creation to the report
- Help other teams understand the data ecosystem by creating proper metric definitions, data dictionaries, tutorials, ect
- Investigate and solve complex data issues such as data bugs that impact critical metrics
- Collaborate with stakeholders, executives, and decision-makers to prioritize, design, and fulfill data needs
- Promote and drive a self-service data culture by building easy to use tools and dashboards and teaching business users how to use them
- Deploy data quality checks and ensure high quality of dashboards and other data requests
- Work closely with the Product, Data Engineering, and Sales teams to stay current on latest product rollouts and their data
- Regularly communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects with stakeholders
Grocery delivery app
Instacart's mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. The company operates a mobile app for the delivery and pick-up of groceries and household items.
- Go far together
- Grow the pie
- Roll up your sleeves
- Put it all on the table
- Serve generously
Company Core Values
- Wellness Tailored to You - Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life & disability coverage right alongside physical & mental wellness programs, memberships and stipends to keep you and your family feeling your best.
- Family Building Benefits - No matter where you are in your family journey, we support you. Our plans cover modern family planning for all. We offer leave for all parents, flexible working schedules and an active [email protected] community.
- Work From Home Stipend - We help outfit your WFH setup and offer reimbursements so you can be your most productive while at home.
- Flexible Time Off - We all recharge differently. Take the time you need with our flexible time off policy.
- Learning & Development - Whether you’re just starting your career or leading teams, we provide customized L&D programs to help you grow and an annual allowance to pursue your development.
- Future Planning - We have you covered as you plan for your future. 401(k) matching in the U.S. and RRSP in Canada, student loan assistance through Peanut Butter, free Rocket Lawyer membership, SoFi & First Republic financial planning and more.
- Community Connection - Support the communities you care about with volunteer weeks and get involved with our social impact program, Instacart Serves.
- Instacart Express Membership - We help keep your fridge stocked. Unlock grocery discounts with our Instacart Beta app while testing our latest features.