Business Intelligence Engineer
Posted on 9/22/2022
Fremont, CA, USA • Remote in USA • Bellevue, WA, USA
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or a related or Interdisciplinary programs including the above disciplines
- 5+ years of experience with SQL (Oracle, Vertica, Hive, Presto, Teradata, MS TSQL etc.), relational databases (Oracle, MySQL), parallel processing data warehouse (AWS Redshift, Snowflake, Teradata etc.), and data lake platform (HDFS, EMR etc.)
- 5+ years experience with Tableau
- 5+ years experience in multiple fields including DWH, data modeling, dimensional modeling techniques, or Data pipelining/ETL best practices
- 2+ years experience with administrative responsibilities on BI server (Tableau Server)
- 2+ years of Python or other modern programming language development experience
- 2+ years experience in the Big Data stack environments (Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive)
- Be an end-to-end technical lead for multiple BI and Analytics projects including planning, development, strategy and implementation
- Apply expertise in data visualization and visual storytelling to build business intelligence solutions to deliver actionable insights while balancing high-performance and usability
- Work closely with Data Engineers on the team to identify data sources, build scalable data models, and operationalize the data analytics
- Manage task assignments and deliverables for a team of contractors to ensure project success
- Work with Data Science leadership to define long term BI strategy and engagement models
- Design, build, launch and maintain reliable dashboards that provide insights across cross-functional global teams
- Manage security and privacy standards for the BI solutions through administrative responsibilities
- Deploy inclusive data quality checks to ensure high quality and build trust in the dashboards and analytics
- Collaboration with the Data Center SMEs, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Program Managers to define metrics
- Communicate progress, risks, and completion of projects to stakeholders
- Support on-call shift as needed to support the team
- Define new BI platforms in partnership with software engineers to enable quick and easy consumption of insights
- Tableau Certified (Tableau Desktop Certified Associate and/or Tableau Certified Data Analyst)
- Experience with Data analytics in big data environments (data lake, HDFS etc.)
- Experience with multiple visualization tools (Looker, Power BI, Thought Spot, Qlik etc.)
- Experience establishing and maintaining BI platforms
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data
- Experience thriving in a fast paced work environment
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Company Core Values
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.