Associate Technical Support Engineer
Posted on 12/16/2022
Irvine, CA, USA
- Understanding of client/server, networking, and Internet technology fundamentals is required
- Experience troubleshooting or debugging on Linux or Windows is required. Experience troubleshooting on Mac OS is preferred
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent experience is preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant technical support experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of XML/XSD and modeling frameworks like UML is preferred
- Working knowledge of web service concepts and familiarity with SOAP, REST, WSDL, CXF, Camel and JMS are preferred
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills while working with customers or internal team members
- Exhibit leadership through personal responsibility, accountability, and teamwork
- Manage and resolve support cases with a degree of technical complexity
- Coordinate across numerous departments while driving issues to resolution
- Have demonstrated experience using trace analysis, debugging, and source code to find workarounds and reproduce product issues
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and take ownership for identifying product improvements
- Share knowledge with team members and contribute to company knowledge content (KB, Communities, etc.)
- Learn to use and support Talend products
- Work effectively and manage your queue with minimal supervision
- Academic or comparable experience with an object-oriented programming language required. Hands-on experience with Java or scripting experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of an SQL-based Database is required. General knowledge of the database market (e.g., RDBMS and NoSQL) is a plus
- Understanding Hadoop and the cloud ecosystem is a plus
- Experience with JIRA or Salesforce is a plus
Talend is a global leader in cloud data integration and data integrity.
At Talend, their purpose is to change the way the world makes decisions. They take the work out of working with data and make data useful for all organizations.
Company Core Values
- Passion - We are driven by a deep desire to make a meaningful difference both in and out of the office. We have the intention, will, and skills to make big dreams real for each other and our customers.
- Agility - We relish new ideas and new challenges. We look for ways to shake up the status quo, and cherish every opportunity to adapt, grow, and become even more efficient and create more impact.
- Team spirit - We are people-people, who understand that together we can accomplish the remarkable. We embrace our differences and unique perspectives, ensuring everyone does the best work of their career.
- Integrity - We build our work and partnerships on trust and data. We thrive on honest and transparent communication with our customers, each other, and the broader community, and are not afraid to admit when we are wrong.
- Je ne sais quoi - We celebrate the undefinable something that makes us special and our approach distinct. Talend is a place where we can all show up as our authentic selves.