Computer Vision Software Development Internship
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Arlington, VA, USA • Alexandria, VA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Currently at least a Junior or Senior working towards a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in C++ and/or Python
- Due to contractual restrictions, only candidates that are US Persons (citizens, permanent residents, asylees or refugees) will be considered for this position
- Be part of Kitware's overall mission of positive social impact through environmental monitoring, national and global security, ethical AI, open science, scientific computing and medical computing
- Develop tools and techniques for visualizing computer vision results
- Improve quality control by developing software testing infrastructure (using CMake, CTest, etc.) and writing test cases for code
- Run experiments of existing algorithms on large-scale datasets with various parameter settings, collect and organize results
- Develop and operate tools to label objects, activities, and events that appear in images and video. These labels are used to test and train computer vision algorithms
- Knowledge or experience in computer vision and/or deep learning is a plus, but is not required
Software company for open source software solutions
Kitware's mission is to advance science & technology, empower global innovation and address the world’s challenges. The company specializes in the R&D of open-source software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, and technical software development.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous PTO
- comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and ADHD Insurance
- Immigration and Visa Processing
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Hardware Allowance
Company Core Values
- Culture: Promote an inclusive and energized environment that emphasizes integrity and teamwork.
- Growth: Work passionately and creatively to grow personally, professionally, and together as a company.
- Collaboration: Drive sustainable innovation through collaborative relationships with customers and open source communities.
- Open Science: Champion algorithms and open source software platforms to accelerate the pace of reproducible research and product development.
- Impact: Advance scientific understanding for the betterment of humankind.