Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack (Cart & Catalog)
Posted on 3/8/2022
Menlo Park, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, with 4+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems
- Experience building distributed systems at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second
- Excellent HTML5, SASS/LESS, Restful APIs, JSON, HTTP experience
- Experience working with AWS or GCP, and CDNs
- Great understanding of SEO & Web accessibility principles
- Great understanding of caching, security and privacy principles
- Good understanding of CI/CD principles
- Excellent understanding of cross-browser cross-platform compatibility issues as well as the ability to debug
- Experience with Node, Webpack, GraphQL a plus
- Experience with Serverless Architectures a plus
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build - metrics, centralized logging, tracing
- Dedicated to unit, integration testing and coverage - comfortable using tools of the trade on profiling, source control
- Ability to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas by rapid prototyping
- Data driven mindset with strong attention to detail, and ability to A/B test scenarios
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM or a similar software development life cycle process
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right data structure and algorithms to the problem
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field preferred
- Create client-side applications along the customer journey that range from buying merch from store, configuring their vehicles to scheduling their service
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications
- Develop state of the art code with a keen eye on profiling, browser memory usage, load time of the apps
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed, ensuring a high-quality bar is maintained
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team