Senior Project Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Wrigleyville, Chicago, IL, USA
- 5+ years experience managing large/complex business and technology projects in the trading/financial services industry; experience managing teams a plus
- 5+ years working in trading/financial services
- Familiarity with electronic trading exchanges and co-location concepts
- Previous experience working with software systems, networking technology, hardware, etc
- Strong initiative; proven track record of taking ownership of projects through successful completion
- Experience leading team meetings, assigning action items and tasks, and managing overall project tracking
- Strong business acumen and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Familiarity with PMI Body of Knowledge desired; PMP certification a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Previous experience working in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Bachelor's degree required
- Manage and facilitate full life cycle projects
- Create and maintain project plans and documentation
- Facilitate standup, planning and retrospective meetings
- Work with internal departments and external vendors to obtain approvals and negotiate service agreements
- Coach IT Services professionals in how to best apply project management methodologies to their organization
- Maintain relationships with key trading business units, and various support, software development, and technology teams on all aspects of implementing new business and technology projects
- Report on project progress and risks to management
- Ensure various project streams are progressing efficient and that interdependencies and blockers are identified and addressed promptly
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.