Production, Injection Molding
Posted on 11/29/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of experience in injection molding OR High school diploma and 8+ years of experience in injection molding
- 1+ years of experience working in either automotive, military, or manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience with process validation, design of experiments & maintenance in production environments such as injection molding, casting, die casting, stamping, and assembly in a production setting and a good understanding of the costs and schedule and complexity associated with each process
- Experience creating & maintaining a positive atmosphere in a collaborative work team
- New product line launch experience a plus
- Ability to interpret dimensional data and propose/execute corrective actions
- Able to read and comprehend mold/part drawings and dimensions
- Analytic problem solving
- Establish and maintain ownership of the department and ensure it's continued success
- Ability to communicate clearly in both verbal and written communication
- Fluent with common MS office programs Word, excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel (up to 15%) to other SpaceX locations/vendors
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Responsible for all aspects of daily production operations
- Setting up injection molding machines, dryers, and mold peripherals
- Interviewing, hiring, and supervising technicians
- Training and developing individuals within the organization
- Setting up an on the job training program similar to an apprenticeship
- Build a strong, motivated production team capable of consistently delivering high quality products against aggressive production targets
- Support tool and die and machine maintenance with troubleshooting
- Create process preparation checklists specific to each job
- Identify and proactively execute opportunities for improvement within the production department
- Create and maintain critical machine and peripheral parts lists
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Explore and identify future improvements, & cost saving initiatives
- Support tooling trials at various vendors and process validation and qualification upon tool arrival
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.