Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 10/24/2022
Remote in USA
- 4-6 years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring senior engineers
- Expert in building service oriented applications with Python, Java/Kotlin, or other modern programming languages
- Prior experience in architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience - ours, our stakeholders', and our company's - as we do the design of our engineering systems
- You are not dogmatic, and believe in solving problems with the right tool for the job
- Experience providing reviews on teammates code and designs, providing constructive feedback to meet a high bar of quality and help others grow
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow. Ambiguity is where you thrive
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan projects based on the team goals and resources
- Consistently generate simple and sophisticated designs, and write high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations for the design, implementation, roll-out and maintenance of projects
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment that embraces the diversity of the team
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.