Senior Software Engineer
Backend, Debit+, Money Movement/Data
Posted on 9/9/2022
Remote in USA
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication-written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc
- Excellent project management skills-high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively
- Work with our Product team to extend our core money movement systems
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams
- Exposure to ACH system
- Exposure to Plaid / Teller in past
- Prior experience with card networks
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data
- Work cross functionally with colleagues in Experience, Accounting, Product, and Analytics teams to set and execute our money movement strategy for the Debit card
- Build APIs and data models to work within micro-service and event-driven architectures
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.