Command Center Specialist
Posted on 11/2/2022
Norfolk, VA, USA
- BS degree and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience in Cybersecurity, Information Security, IT, EE, Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- US Citizen and DoD Secret Clearance
- 8570 Compliant meeting the IAT level certification requirements
- Familiarity with ITIL best practices (ITIL Foundations)
- Experience in a data center environment
- Performs well under pressure and has the ability to multi-task
- Hands-on Experience in working with DoD networks, including NIPR and SIPR
- Willing to perform shift work
- 6 AM - 6 PM ET
- Shift 3: Thursday - Saturday and every other Wednesday 0600 - 1800
- The Watch Officer ensures lifecycle oversight of Government Directed Actions to ensure implementations are completed in accordance with established timeframes
- Ensure real time information exchange of operational, critical situations, and disaster preparedness to operational customer
- Act as a Liaison to the Government Battle Watch and designated leaders for Day to Day activities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Hosts business continuity restoration calls
- Ensures the timely (5 minutes or less) response to network infrastructure warnings, critical and fatal event alert notices
- Responsible for generating well-documented Critical Incident Reports for leadership
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of assigned Command Center Watch Team
- Develop or update standard operating procedures, and processes, and assist in the implementation as part of the Continuous Service Improvement initiative for the Command Center and Network Operations Center
- Provides 24/7/365 representation, communications, and domain awareness for the Enterprise
- Review, audit, and ensure that approved Government Directed Action Change tickets created by the customer are processed in a timely fashion
- Perform tasks such as monitoring phone calls, reviewing live news feeds, relaying information verbally or through written reports to Leadership. Written reports will be generated using MS Word or Power Point
- Familiar with incident management tasks and responsible for processing and disseminating information collected
- Responsible for maintaining logs and records associated with reported problems or situations
- Responsible for reporting suspected security violations to designated authority
- Prior military experience a plus; USMC or USN IT experience preferred
- Experience working with networking technologies and data centers
- Exceptional communication abilities, both verbal and written, including long-form business writing on complex topics
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to drive innovation independently; have a passion to improve at every opportunity
- Ability to define program goals and roadmaps based on customer needs and strategic direction, and ensure that committed projects are delivered on schedule by the relevant team members
- Ability to work in a matrix organization with other teams to resolve issues and communicate status effectively to peers, subordinates and program leadership
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.