Sustainability Program Manager
Posted on 12/1/2022
Denver, CO, USA • Boulder, CO, USA
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative environment
- Demonstrated specialization in environmental sustainability, decarbonization and supply chain initiatives, reporting systems and technology and a shown ability to resolve a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Ability to manage a diverse scope of business objectives that require cross-functional engagement, project management and execution, qualitative research, written communication and report-backs as well as ability to work independently using quantitative analysis and measurement and relational and project management skills
- Shows good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for identifying solutions
- Skilled in balancing multiple workstreams, ensuring timely communication of progress and results within a team setting, using team workflow and planning tools
- Ability to identify and frame challenges while providing clear paths for implementing solutions
- Strong background working on enterprise-level ESG and sustainability / climate programs, reporting, project management and implementation as well as data collection projects, working towards timely and successful outcomes
- Highly organized, strong project manager
- Strong balance of quantitative and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree (advanced degree preferred); or equivalent experience
- Sustainability, climate, decarbonization, and/or net zero program experience in a global corporate setting working across multiple business units and geographies to progress towards global sustainability goals and targets
- Energy and greenhouse gas accounting experience; Scopes 1, 2 and 3
- ESG reporting system setup, data definition and SASB/GRI/TCFP mapping, end-user data collection workflows, certification routing and training, along with day-to-day system administration experience with enterprise-level sustainability reporting tools such as Workiva WDesk, Enablon, OneReport or similar reporting system
- Data visualization and target tracking, performance measurement dashboard development experience using Bloomberg, Refinitiv (Reuters) and/or Tableau
- Manage the implementation of the Splunk net zero transition plan
- Establish and lead a cross-functional energy and decarbonization team
- Manage a Scope 3 category assessment project in partnership with internal and external climate experts and establish tracking mechanisms
- Partner with Splunk Procurement Organization to identify emissions reductions opportunities in spend categories (e.g., travel, goods and services, IT equipment) and to engage Splunk suppliers in emissions reductions and climate reduction targets
- Manage and maintain the ESG reporting system (WDesk) and oversee the data inventory of metrics and disclosure framework alignment; maintain records of internal systems and controls required to ensure data integrity and quality; lead the collection, GHG accounting, internal assurance and external assurance for Splunk's Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG inventory
- Serve as an internal sustainability subject matter expert, speaker and resource for business functions, the Splunk Earth Alliance employee affinity group, and Splunkers who are passionate about sustainability and climate, sharing your knowledge and passion to inspire and engage others in fostering sustainable behaviors and have fun while doing so
- Contribute to ESG customer RFPs and investor and analyst ESG ratings, surveys, questionnaires and responses, including CDP Climate and EcoVadis, among others; contribute to environmental policy development
- Manage and deliver annual climate-related disclosures required for the UK (Carbon Reduction Plan and Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting)
- Research and report on global ESG and climate topics, issues and trends and provide analysis and recommendations to the team
- Develop and manage resource efficiency programs to measure and reduce environmental impacts related to materials purchased, consumed and disposed; track and report progress; partner with internal functions to implement and communicate progress and celebrate successes
- Communicate work and project progress, issues and risks via status meetings, reports and presentations to ESG team, project teams and other internal partners
- Develop dashboards and progress reports to measure and share progress for multiple audiences (team, function, executives, board, customers, investors, employees)
- Manage the Science Based Target initiative Scope 1, 2 and 3 target registrations, approvals and ongoing communications with SBTi and similar climate action commitments and initiatives that Splunk may make in the future
- Manage and communicate project and program timelines, dependencies, decisions, and constraints; track budget estimates:actuals for vendor work
- Represent the Splunk ESG and Sustainability team and the broader Global Impact team within the business and externally
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
Company Core Values
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.