Amplitude is a leading digital analytics platform that helps companies unlock the power of their products. Almost 2,000 customers, including Atlassian, Jersey Mike’s, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour, rely on Amplitude to gain self-service visibility into the entire customer journey. Amplitude guides companies every step of the way as they capture data they can trust, uncover clear insights about customer behavior, and take faster action. When teams understand how people are using their products, they can deliver better product experiences that drive growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude also believes that diversity enables the creation of better products, improves the ability to solve complex problems, and drives more powerful solutions. We strive to create an environment of inclusion--one focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection,--that will allow employees of all backgrounds to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude is seeking a Head of Data and Analytics, who will report to the Chief Information Officer. This team will lay the groundwork for how data and systems are organized in our GTM (go-to-market) organization, enabling the revenue operations department to generate insights and automation that shape and support the efficient execution of Amplitude’s GTM strategy.
We seek a leader who can balance being strategic and hands-on, and help us enhance revenue per GTM employee by providing quicker, automated insights and actions. You will develop and scale data management & business intelligence processes, oversee data collection, ingestion, staging, ETL, reporting, and dashboarding.
As Head of Enterprise Data & Analytics, you will:
- Develop and scale data management and business intelligence processes, oversee data collection, ingestion, staging, ETL, reporting, and dashboarding.
- Evangelize the power and importance of data across every team at the organization, and foster a culture that embraces the strategic use of data in decision-making.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders and RevOps teams to coordinate and execute critical strategic goals.
- Execute and evolve the data strategy to re-architect the back-end data ecosystem to support the company’s customer-centric operating model.
- Recruit, train, and retain top-performing personnel across the GTM Data and Systems teams.
You’ll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Deep understanding of data and analytics, including full life-cycle development
- Strong technical skills and extensive experience in GTM data engineering, analytics engineering, and data architecture, with a willingness to “roll-up your sleeves” as you lead the team
- Track record of designing, integrating, building, and managing reliable data and technology stacks that utilize the best GTM systems and applications to improve sales and marketing productivity
- Strong knowledge of data architectures including data warehouse design, reporting tools, data governance, and ETL strategies
- Forward-thinking leader who can create a high-energy, inclusive culture that fosters trust and empowerment, and are skilled at recruiting, developing, and retaining top-performing teams
- Excellent communication and cross-functional collaboration skills that translate across both technical and non-technical stakeholders, ensuring successful achievement of organizational goals.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
The Product: Amplitude is a digital analytics platform – we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and ultimately grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to expand: a platform that empowers companies to thrive in the digital era.
We care about the well-being of our team: We offer competitive pay and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to the health and wellbeing of our Ampliteers.
Some of our benefit programs include:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverages, with 100% employer-paid premiums for employee Medical, Dental, Vision on select plans
- Flexible time off, paid holidays, and more
- Generous stipends to spend on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness (monthly), learning and development (annual), commuter transit/parking (monthly), home office equipment (annual), and much more
- Excellent Parental benefits including: 12-20 weeks of Paid Parental Leave, Carrot Fertility Benefits/Adoption/Surrogacy support, Back-up Child Care support
- Mental health and wellness benefits including no cost employee access to Modern Health coaching & therapy Sessions and high quality physician office experience via One Medical membership (select U.S. locations only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- G2: #1 product analytics solution and #3 best software product according to the 2022 G2 Best Software report.
- Business Insider: A top tech company to bet your career on.
- Fast Company: #3 most innovative enterprise company in the world.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Vancouver, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Singapore, and employees around the world.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
This role is eligible for equity, benefits and other forms of compensation.
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Colorado: Colorado range: $220,000 - $330,000 base salary
Based on legislation in New York City, the following details are for individuals will work for Amplitude in New York City: New York City salary range: $244,000 - $366,000 base salary
Based on legislation in California, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude California: California salary range: $244,000 - $366,000 base salary
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington state: Washington salary range: $220,000 - $330,000 base salary
Based on legislation in Washington state, the following details are for individuals who will work for Amplitude in Washington only: unlimited PTO, 10 to 13 holidays annually (will vary), medical dental and vision PPO and CDHP plans. Finally, a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.