VP – Chief Accounting Officer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Chicago, IL, USA
- JSSI Advisory Services utilizes JSSI's technical expertise and global network to deliver desktop appraisals by ASA-accredited appraisers, asset inspections, technical advice and maintenance event management. Trusted aviation advisors draw on decades of technical knowledge, experience and real-world data to consult clients
- Conklin & de Decker enables aircraft owners and operators to make more informed decisions. More than 35 years of objective and impartial data powers digital tools to analyze aircraft ownership options with the most accurate performance and comparison data available, and review critical state tax information
- 15+ years of experience effectively building and leading a team and managing accounting in global and complex organizations
- Demonstrated success in supporting M&A and transaction and valuation accounting
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing best practices and procedures, particularly regarding systems, processes and integrating acquisitions
- Excellent communication, collaboration and influencing skills. Ability to work directly with senior management as a business partner driving results and contributing to the success of the business
- High business acumen with broad knowledge and perspective on the overall business, as well as the ability to accurately anticipate future consequences and trends
- Strong GAAP/technical accounting skills
- Masters degree in accounting or finance
- CPA is required
- Big 4 experience supporting SEC clients is strongly preferred
- Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the controllership and accounting functions of the organization. Serve as an advisor/business partner to the CFO and other key executives in all matters to drive value creation of the company
- Lead in an inclusive way the continued development of a strong and cohesive team of future leaders through coaching, development, empowerment, and motivation. Ensure hiring and succession planning for key positions
- Evaluate, develop, and maintain accounting processes and policies for consistent application of GAAP across the company
- Partner and lead the organization to deliver technical accounting advice and transaction and valuation support
- Partner with business functions to bring financial perspective to strategic initiatives and participate in leadership team meetings for these groups
- Proactively foster and manage a partnership relationship with external auditors that focuses on continuous improvement, communications and productivity
- Oversee and manage the preparation of accurate and timely consolidated financial statements and reports, including financial statements and footnotes. Manage and continuously improve the company-wide accounting / consolidation close process to ensure accurate accounting in an efficient and timely manner
- Oversee and manage the accounting shared service functions (and corresponding accounting teams) to ensure the successful and timely completion of the month-end close process for the consolidated organization
- Prepare Board relevant information, including Audit Committee materials, and proactively communicate to the CFO and the Audit Committee
- Lead and drive change management initiatives across team and with peers to enable the organization's continued, enterprise-wide transformational initiatives
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place as well as compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Lead financial system implementations with an aim towards enhancing controls, automation and business insights
- Assist with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures in areas such as deal evaluation, deal structure and due diligence. Drive integration planning and execution, particularly around accounting resources, controls and financial reporting of acquired businesses
- Proactively develop relationships with the finance team and executive leadership team to ensure financial reporting and other corporate policies are enforced and best practices are continually implemented and maintained
- Monitor and assess current trends and emerging developments within the field and practice of accounting to ensure the company's compliance and preparedness
- Complete additional special projects with the finance group or for the CFO as assigned
- Collaborate with executive management to identify, implement and continually improve corporate performance measures
- Keep the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Executive Officer, the executive management team, and other key personnel informed of financial conditions, activities and trends
Aircraft maintenance support and financial services
Jet Support is responsible for maintaining in excess of 2,000 business jets, turboprops, regional jets and helicopters across the globe and serves customers through its unique infrastructure of expert technical advisors.
- Health coverage - We win at wellness. At JSSI, we believe that healthy and happy employees are better poised to make an impact in today’s global workforce. To that end, we provide industry-leading benefits plans that stay competitively priced for our employees and their families year after year.
- Paid time off - We win at work-life balance. Our vacation benefits are highly competitive and increase based on tenure. In addition to our generous package of vacation, holidays, and sick days, JSSI also offers a Charitable Services Day in which employees are paid for a day of volunteering with a charity of their choosing.
- Retirement package - We help prepare for a winning future. We all know the importance of saving for the future. In an effort to encourage our employees to plan for their retirement, JSSI provides an employer match to employee 401(K) contributions by matching 75% of employee contributions on up to 6% of eligible earnings.
- Transporation - Move to win. Our commuter benefits plan gives JSSI employees the opportunity to set aside pre-tax dollars to put towards the inevitable use of parking and/or public transit to get to work each day.
- Freedom to foster an open, trustworthy and honest climate where employees feel empowered to speak up, share ideas and innovate.
- Accountability to embody integrity in the workplace and take ownership, follow through on commitments, and accept responsibility for actions.
- Collaboration to create an environment of openness and sharing through cooperative teamwork and approachability.
- Transparency to operate in an honest, truthful and candid manner that promotes effective communication and complete understanding.