Lead Data Architect
Posted on 3/8/2022
Austin, TX, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- 12+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8+ years of relevant work experience with a Masters Degree, or a PhD
- Deliver enterprise solution at scale for commercial products and deliver the next generation of payments
- Identify appropriate technical solutions and/or products and designs that will best prepare the company to meet present and future business objectives
- Design the most appropriate solution with well understood trade-offs that meet the business requirements
- Propose new solutions to meet the fast-changing payments industry landscape
- Document the solution designs clearly and with enough details so delivery and execution teams can size the effort
- Perform proof of concept to evaluate new and emerging technologies, design patterns, and proposed solutions
- Work with engineering professionals, fellow software architects, and others within Visa to ensure that proposed solutions will scale appropriately and that the implementation will be a cost-effective solution
- Manage the creation of several artifacts relating to the detail design and use cases that are solved for
- Collaborate with data engineers and provide technical guidance during the construction phase of a project
- Continue to learn about the payments industry and the factors impacting the payments industry
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Fine tune the existing application with new ideas and optimization opportunities to reduce the latency to meet the client SLAs
- Mentor the data engineers, and closely work with them and platform leaders to develop departmental procedures and best practices standards
- Lead the data architecture and related technical strategies in the areas of data management, data platform, business analytics, data catalog, data quality, ETL, enrichment and data integration
- Passionate about designing, maintaining and documenting data models (conceptual/physical) based on functional areas enabling effective and timely enterprise analytics
- Build data strategy to enable both short-term and long-term needs for an extensible, trustworthy, and modern data architecture capable of evolving with changing needs
- Lead initiatives like implementing data quality framework, data catalog, data governance and improving engineering productivity
- Scoping/Effort Estimates: contribute to solution scoping and effort sizing with a cross-functional team
- Research: stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps to make informed solution architecture recommendations
- Lead/Work with the multiple scrum teams with data engineers to provide the solutions and drive the ideas to activate them for the clients
- Bachelor degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 12+ years of software development experience (with a concentration in data centric initiatives), with demonstrated expertise in leveraging development best practice methodologies
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in building large-scale applications using open source technologies. Design and coding skills with Big Data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Java, Hive, HBase, Oozie, Data APIs, streaming and Map Reduce
- Relevant experience with software design, Data engineering, architecture and ETL data pipeline development life cycle
- Hands-on expertise with Spark/Scala or Spark/Java or Spark/Python
- Experience with highly distributed, scalable, concurrent and low latency systems
- Deep knowledge of Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting and writing SQL queries
- Deep knowledge of all Data Warehouse related components (Sourcing, ETL, Data Modeling, Infrastructure, Reporting, Data Visualization) and multiple tools to support those components
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems
- Experience with Agile methodologies. Work experience in improving the client experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a strong automation and customer mindset
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal). Should be comfortable facilitating multi-team activities
- Payment processing background is a big plus
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.