For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning over 20,000 happy customers and $56 million in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
About the Role
Since starting OpenPhone in 2018, we’ve grown largely organically, thanks to incredible word of mouth and customer love. Later, we’ve layered in a strong content motion, allowing us to rank for a lot of relevant searches. Today, thousands of businesses rely on OpenPhone as their key platform for customer communication. It’s time to help more people discover the incredible value that OpenPhone can offer.
This is where you come in.
We’re looking for an individual to spearhead performance marketing. You’ll build the function from the group up and be able to scale it once we’ve proven acquisition channels.
You’ll be a key member of our go-to-market team and partner with many people across the company. If you’re looking to make an outsized impact at a fast-growing company, this is your dream role.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Create, execute, and support a multi-channel advertising strategy with the goal of maximizing return on ad spend.
- Develop a roadmap of experiments across marketing channels, audience segments, creative, and messaging, and execute statistically significant tests to validate your hypotheses.
- Work closely with our design team to improve ad creative and landing pages in order to increase conversion and improve overall performance.
- Perform detailed quantitative analysis on marketing performance data at the program and the individual channel levels, reporting on it on a regular basis to the leadership team, and using it to continuously improve how we go to market.
- You have been on the ground floor of the performance marketing function going from 0 to $5m+ in annual spend. Ideally, you have done this at a B2B SaaS company.
- You have meaningful experience managing performance channels such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and more.
- You are data-driven and move quickly to test, optimize, and scale marketing campaigns.
- You are very organized and have no problem managing multiple campaigns at the same time.
- You are a fast learner and enjoy standing up new channels.
- You’re comfortable using SQL, Excel, and other tools to parse through large data sets and generate thoughtful, actionable reports.
- You have experience working cross-functionally to optimize marketing assets and landing pages.
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
And remember, there’s no such thing as a ’perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don’t think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.