Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we’ve helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you’ll join us!
About the role
We are hiring an early member of Afresh’s Sales Engineering team to help up-level our sales process and execution, evangelize the differentiation and effectiveness of our new approach to managing the fresh supply chain, and drive the adoption of our growing product set. Afresh’s Sales Engineering team partners closely with our Sales and Account Executive team, and collaborates cross-functionally with Implementation, Product, Engineering, Marketing, and Customer Success. Our vision and expectation is that this individual will help build out the resources, processes, and documentation for our growing Sales Engineering team.
- Work directly with prospects and customers to credibly communicate product differentiation, value, and technical functionality
- Lead operational and technical discovery to understand our customers’ business and map their needs to the Afresh solution
- Collaborate closely with Sales Directors and Account Executives on deal strategy, risks, and opportunities
- Consistently collate, deliver, and discuss product feedback from the field to our Product and Engineering teams
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to support new messaging/positioning and launching new products and enablement resources
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Afresh in relation to them
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of Afresh
- Document learnings extensively to engage and educate others
Skills and experience
- 3+ years of Sales Engineer experience, preferably working with Grocery or AI/ML related products
- 5+ years of experience in a customer facing role
- Experience managing end-to-end technical validation or POC process(es) of a technically-complex SaaS product
- Demonstrated record of effectively collaborating with key stakeholders such as Account Executives and cross-functional leaders/teammates
- A true self-starter that is also comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a start-up environment where context changes rapidly
- Passion to solve unique, world-changing problems and be willing to go above and beyond to solve these problems
- Willingness to travel to work with prospective customers onsite, up to 50% travel
Nice to have
- Experience with data architecture and ETL
- Consistently worked on strategic deals with companies with 10k+ employees or $500k+ ACV opportunities
The following represent the skills and experience our ideal candidate possesses. We encourage candidates to apply, even if they do not fulfill all the listed criteria.
Afresh is committed to pay equity and providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits package. Afresh conducts a pay equity audit twice each year to ensure that jobs of similar scope and impact are paid similar amounts. The final compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope, complexity, internal equity, the candidate’s experience/expertise, and success through the interview process.
Total Compensation (Salary plus On Target Earnings):
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we’re helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we’ve raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt’s Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided that they reside in one of the following states: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MT, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under "Skills and experience" for reference.