Senior Android Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Strong understanding of Android platform; preferred strong understanding of modern Android technologies - e,.g. Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, etc
- Strong understanding of Android best practices to debug and improve performance, reliability and efficiency
- Strong understanding of Android design patterns
- Experience scaling large Android consumer apps with tens of engineers
- Track record of leading large projects with war stories and learnings. Preferred for some experience managing projects that have up to say a dozen eng stakeholders
- Prior experience influencing both junior and senior engineers on technical direction
- Track record of being customer service oriented, knowing which projects to prioritize and why to unblock broader engineering impact
- To help Patreon build a mobile-first experience that's performant, reliable and efficient by empowering our mobile engineers thru product infra and tooling
- Improve developer efficiency by building out the layer2 foundations of the app (e.g. networking, persistence, security, etc.), tooling (e.g. CI, impersonation) and architectural improvements for testability and modularity
Creator-founded membership platform
Patreon's mission at Patreon is simple: they want to fund the creative class. They want to get as many creators paid as possible, so they can enjoy sustainable income, retain creative control of their work, and keep a direct connection to their audience.
- Competitive Pay & Equity - Our company was built on the idea of value for value. To get the best on board, we provide competitive base salaries, stock options, and a 401k program.
- The Bells and Whistles - As they say, it’s the little things: commuter stipend, computer gear, standing desks, a learning stipend for your professional development and a monthly patronage stipend.
- Health Coverage - We offer incredible healthcare options for you and your loved ones (including dental, vision and mental health), as well as snacks and a daily catered lunch.
- Balance & Wellness - We offer a gym stipend (or Fitness SF membership), as well as unlimited vacation and sick leave.
Company Core Values
- Build with care
- Think big, but start small
- Guide & empower
- Respect the value of creators’ work
- Honor the relationship between creators and patrons.