Industrial Engineer I
Posted on 7/18/2022
Shakopee, MN, USA • Tempe, AZ, USA • Fort Mill, SC, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
- 0 to 2 years in mechanical, image/data systems or process engineering
- Ability to gather and document production requirements
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, track and coordinate multiple tasks
- Ability to meet deadlines and deliver against aggressive schedule pressures
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and prioritization ability
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Typically handles less complex tasks associated with the mechanical, image/data systems or process engineering function, including routine support for implementing seasonal program changes
- Assists in developing recommendations, designing, modifying, and implementing methods and procedures for production process control and improvement
- Establishes standard work and guidelines according to corporate directives
- Assists with testing, training, and inspection
- May assist in developing design changes for equipment and plant facility layouts, workflow, process improvement and safety precautions, with guidance from a more senior engineer, or engineering manager
- Communicates mechanical, image/data systems or process engineering ideas, recommendations, and evaluations
- Continuously gain knowledge of the Manufacturing network and leverage to bring new innovative, cost effective ideas to the broader organization
- Provide technical support to our manufacturing facilities
- Develop and modifies engineering documents (requirements, specifications, standards, drawings, etc.) to communicate the technical requirements of machinery and processes
Shutterfly's purpose is to share life's joy by connecting people to what matters as the leading retailer and manufacturing platform for personalized products. By helping to capture, preserve and share life's joy, we connect people to what matters.
- Health and wellness - Our broad wellness programs are designed to help you and your family stay healthy, and help you take care of yourselves when you're not. Through extensive health and insurance options, you can make the choice that's right for you. Enrolled employees enjoy discounts on gym memberships and weight loss programs to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. With our Meal Takeout benefit, any employee on medical leave can be reimbursed up to $300 for meals.
- Financial rewards - Shutterfly, Inc. is comprised of hardworking, performance-oriented people. That's why we recognize and reward employee's contributions and achievements. Starting with competitive salaries, we help drive our high performance by offering opportunities for merit increases, bonus payouts, and stock ownership. We also provide safety nets for your financial security through traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plans.
- Family first - Taking time off to rest, relax and rejuvenate is important. Non-Exempt employees accrue Paid Time off (PTO), which combines vacation and sick time together so you have more control over when and how to spend time off. Exempt employees are eligible for Discretionary Time Off (DTO), which allows you to take time off as needed.
- Employee discounts - As Shutterfly, Inc. employees, we experience the power of our brands every day and are in the best position to be an advocate for our amazing products and services. Every six months, we give each employee unique discount codes worth over $2,500 in free merchandise and huge discounts products across our entire family of brands. Your gift-giving for every occasion just got way easier.
- Celebrations - Our mission is to help customers celebrate and share life's joy. We balance hard work and play to foster team building and strengthen our connections to each other. We host a Family Photo Day where all of our employees and their families can get a professional photo taken for free along with other activities. From holiday parties, to summer celebrations, to team offsites, we have a great time and enjoy creating memories together.
- The little things - Our break rooms are stocked with complimentary goodies such as gourmet coffees, sodas, sparkling water, and more (offerings vary by location). We also provide free healthy snacks such as fresh fruits, trail mix, cereals, pretzels and nuts. Commuters can be reimbursed for mass transit costs or participate in carpool programs, depending on location. We also provide several onsite services, such as drycleaning and car detailing.
Company Core Values
- We make a difference
- We are warm, inclusive, and collaborative
- We believe in people
- We drive growth through innovation
- We inspire customers
- We cultivate long-term customer relationships
- We act as owners
- We debate important decisions, then fully commit
- We invest for the long-term while delivering results today