One Medical is a primary care solution challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means improving the experience for everyone involved - from patients and providers to employers and health networks. Our seamless in-office and 24/7 virtual care services, on-site labs, and programs for preventive care, chronic care management, common illnesses and mental health concerns have been delighting people for the past fifteen years.
In February 2023 we marked a milestone when One Medical joined Amazon. Together, we look to deliver exceptional health care to more consumers, employers, care team members, and health networks to achieve better health outcomes. As we continue to grow and seek to impact more lives, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As a member of the HR Systems team, the Workday HRIS Manager will be responsible for supporting the organization’s Workday tenant with a focus on planning and executing strategy, driving further adoption of the system, supporting configuration, application support, data integrity, and systems optimization while managing and mentoring a growing team. Our team values hard work and collaboration, and we strive to deliver high-quality solutions to our stakeholders while having fun along the way.
You are passionate about people systems while taking a human centered approach. Committed to process improvement and systems optimization, you are motivated by creating efficiencies in processes and leveraging technology to simplify work and establish scalable solutions. Technical and forward-thinking, you are systematic in your approach to solving technical problems and proactive in creating solutions built for scale. You think through potential impacts when making key design decisions and recommendations in a holistic way. While taking a resourceful, curious, and creative approach, you value established, best-in-class processes but you are also able to pivot and understand when configuration is the right approach. If this sounds like you, we would be excited to welcome you to our team!
What you’ll likely work on:
- Responsible for growing and managing a team, planning and executing Workday strategy, driving further adoption of the system. This includes growing skill sets, coaching, directing, and evaluating performance
- Manage third-party relationships, including working with Workday to request a scope of work or partnering with function owners on any issue, and owning the relationship with consultants to drive the prioritization of enhancements and fixes
- Drive continuous improvement in multiple modules including HCM, Absence, Benefits, Payroll, Compensation and Time Tracking others
- Optimize Workday functionality by partnering with functional owners and stakeholders to:
- Gather requirements for process improvements/enhancements
- Configure, test, and deploy those solutions.
- Develop documentation and training materials for those improvements/enhancements
- Manage project prioritization for each Workday sprint; Develop project plans and roadmaps in support of the Workday HRIS system
- Manage bi-annual Workday releases and updates, including researching functionality, identifying areas of impact, leading testing, and engaging function owners on those updates/enhancements
- Act as the Workday liaison for annual PX processes, such as Annual Performance, Engagement Surveys, Compensation Review and Open Enrollment
- Uphold Workday Data Integrity through ensuring that organizational structures are accurately captured and maintained in Workday; partnering with stakeholders to ensure alignment on org changes.
- Support the configuration and support of internal/external systems integrations independently or in collaboration with our third-party partner on an as-needed basis
- Support other HR systems as needed including assisting with support of the Engagement Survey, integrations with Greenhouse Recruiting/Onboarding, etc.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of HRIS focused experience including at least 1 year experience managing an HRIS team
- Deep knowledge of Workday HCM, Benefits including business process configurations, custom reports, calculated fields, and integrations to other systems
- Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, while meeting deadlines
- High tolerance for ambiguity with the ability to be agile around rapid change
- Prior experience working in an HR role or in supporting other HR Systems and business processes
- Coach others, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development
- Project management skills (scope project work, create plan, identify timelines, lead/manage others)
- Proven stakeholder relationship management experience with the ability to build relationships and navigate various working styles, interests, and needs
- Deep understanding of standard Human Resources business processes as they relate to an HRIS system
- Experience with best practices regarding the product life cycle (i.e. design, testing, deployment, etc.)
- Ability to translate business requirements into system solutions
- Experience approaching work with focus on problem solving, prioritization and ability to think analytically
- Basic change management knowledge
- Strong, clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Process improvement and systems optimization skills
- Comfort in facilitating meetings and presentations to leadership
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time remote role based anywhere in the United States.
One Medicalis committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The base salary range for this role is $95,200 to $161,000. However, actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate. These factors include, but are not limited to, job related knowledge and skill set, depth of experience, certifications and/or degrees, and specific work location.
The total compensation package for certain roles may also include additional components such as a sign-on bonus, annual performance bonus, equity grants in the form of RSUs, medical and other benefits and/or other applicable incentive compensation plans. For more information, please visithttps://www.onemedical.com/careers/
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.