Zeta is a next-generation banking-tech company on a mission to help our clients gain competitive advantage and independence from legacy systems to realize their digital strategies - whether that’s launching a digital bank, offering new digital 1st payments services, or entering into emerging high-growth buy-now-pay-later (BNPL) and/or banking-as-a-service (BaaS) markets . We aim to be at the center of our clients’ needs for next generation banking technology, so they can get their digital transformation and/or strategy right.
In May of 2021, Zeta secured a $250 million investment from SoftBank Vision Fund 2 in one of the largest ever single investments in a banking tech startup globally. This investment, coupled with Zeta’s growth trajectory, has increased Zeta’s previous valuation of $300 million to a current valuation of $1.45 billion resulting in unicorn status. Zeta now operates in 8 countries and to date has issued more than 10 million cards globally.
Zeta has built the industry’s most modern digital cloud native platform in the industry, consisting of new age prepaid / debit / credit issuance digital products for banks, retailers and fintech issuers. These products provide a new age (“Apple card like”) user experience and enables Financial Institutions to rapidly deliver digital-first modern payment solutions including credit / debit / prepaid, digital banking, gifting, benefits, DDA, commercial card, expense management and money transfer. All of these services are vertically integrated into a single platform with fully developed front-end digital and back office security, fraud, compliance, support, and configuration services.
What would you do here?
- Liaise with large fintechs/banks - Become an SME of the functional architecture of the products subscribed by the clients and liaise with large enterprises to comprehend and understand how Zeta’s current solutions work for their product lines to help solve their use-cases. Participate in the regular sync-up meetings with client implementation teams to discuss solutions.
- Liaising with sales team - Work closely with sales teams to conceptualize concepts and solutions for clients.
- Liaising with product teams - Liaising with various product and program managers of Zeta to assess the cost and scope of changes a solution under consideration may require and arrive at feasible, optimal approaches for all business requirements. Frequent interactions with the Product teams to understand the product offerings, releases, and roadmap.
- Requirements specifications - Define and document detailed functional and non-functional requirements, integration and feature specifications, phase releases, and solutions to translate the functional mapping to Zeta’s product landscape. Ensure that the requirements specifications are defined and delivered unambiguously for the engineering teams to develop and deliver the software.
- Functional mapping - Functionally translate and map the business domain to a technological solution domain. Create high-level architecture and interaction diagrams between internal and external modules (e.g. DFDs, ERDs, UML, etc.) data flow diagrams to represent the data exchange between various modules.
- Product understanding - Develop a deep understanding of the technical domain and concepts including various product configurations, platform capabilities, integration and extension mechanisms, data transmission and data migration. Be hands on and try out the various platform capabilities including APIs etc to build a first hand understanding and knowhow of the platform.
- Technical problem solving - Work closely with our clients and assist them in implementing and using our platform and solutions in an effective manner. Provide assistance with integrations using APIs, Events, batch files and data extracts. Help debug client issues using your domain, technical and platform understanding and using standard debugging practices.
- Identify constraints and dependencies - Highlight any long-term risks that may originate as a consequence of design or architectural choice made in the overall system design leading to an incomplete solution mapping and propose enhancements. Should also be able to highlight dependencies from client’s end which may act as blocker for deliverables from Zeta’s end.
- Communicating with internal stakeholders - Describe the structure, characteristics, behaviour, and other aspects of the problem and solution to various project stakeholders.
- Implementation and delivery - Oversee the delivery of solutions while highlighting corner-cases where the implementation may be lacking. Be the point-of-contact for functional queries that would require domain-specific context to help unblock the team. Work with UAT teams to ensure the comprehensiveness and correctness of the delivered solution
What are we looking for?
- 12+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager, Software Developer, Solution Architect or Analyst with services, consulting, or B2B Saas product companies.
- Engineering degree BE/BTech Prior coding experience for at least 2-3 yrsPrior experience in a client facing role with medium to large clients.
- Experience in implementing any of the platforms - Tsys, Fiserv, First Data, Marqeta etc is a huge plus.
- Understanding of core banking systems and related ecosystem of payments, credit card, issuing services, fraud, digital and related solutions is a huge plus.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical products/solutions and prioritize/reason out trade-offs.
- Product mindset to effectively capture functional requirements and map them to the Product landscape/technical specifications.
- Excellent presentation skills and stakeholder management.
- Good experience in conducting workshops with large senior management groups and presenting solutions to a large audience.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills especially with external stakeholders.
- Ability to work on complex projects with a medium-to-high level of ambiguity.
- Excellent documentation skills - should be able to create detailed documents with relevant content (Data flow diagrams, flow charts, etc).
- Excellent project management skills with past experience dealing with product managers, engineers, technical program managers, senior leaders.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills – able to influence and manage the expectations of senior executives internally and externally.
- Ability to perform as an individual contributor (in-direct team leader) and as a manager with direct reports.
- Strong ability, aptitude, and desire to network and to earn the confidence of diverse senior client leaders in marketing, sales, product, technology, operations, finance, and procurement functions.
- Hands on, i.e. ‘roll-up-your sleeve’ attitude
Compensation And Benefits
Competitive salary packages and bonuses
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
401K with company contribution
Generous vacation and holidays
Paid parental leave for eligible employees
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow your career with a top-flight Banking-Tech company serving the North American market, well positioned to disrupt legacy retail banking by vertically integrating core, payments, and digital, to deliver the next generation digital suite of configurable products for both retail and commercial bank offerings. If you are a seasoned Program Manager who has a proven track record of delivering highly successful outcomes as measured by on-time, on-budget & on-specification, we would be delighted to have you join our team.
Zeta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law. Total compensation will be commensurate with experience, market trends, and current salary.