The IAM Engineer will be a key resource in Schonfeld’s efforts to provide centralized Authentication and Authorization infrastructure and tooling for platforms and applications across the stack.
What you’ll do
The IAM Engineer will work within the Cybersecurity team in partnership with Development and Data Integrity & Governance teams to create and support common systems and shared services for IAM behaviors.
- You will gain an understanding of the current implementation and improve on it through automation and efficiency improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate the existing processes against target state and perform gap analysis
- You will standardize the developer experience by creating common systems and shared services for IAM behaviors.
- The IAM Engineer will foster collaboration with platform and application teams to ensure IAM infrastructure is appropriately used to deliver Schonfeld’s overall technology and security strategy.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience developing shared services and common platforms for developer and application users
- Experience working in an Authentication and Authorization context
- General understanding of IAM related technologies including SAML, Privileged Access Management, Multi-factor authentication, Policy as Code (eg: OPA) and Identity Governance & Administration
- Track record of communicating effectively and using a collaborative outlook to build strong partnerships.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix
- Self-motivated, directed and well-organized
- Highly trustworthy; leads by example.
We’d love if you had:
- Financial Services experience
- Experience with Authorization Platforms such as PlainID, Aserto, Okera, etc.
- Experience working with Application Development and familiarity with Open Policy Agent (OPA)
- Software Engineering Mindset
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team’s delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within themarkets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $125,000 and $200,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.